Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. My bad Mikeyp. The spoons are gone. Sorry. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. Tiara's = no wood in the stringers so no rot. If it were me, I would be buying a Tiara.
  3. Check your PM. I sent you one.
  4. Let me get back to you. I have a lot of pm's! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. I'm in Hilton. The copper backed gobies are gone. The rest are yours. I will pm you my cell. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. Okuma Coldwater 8'6" downrigger Rod brand new -$40.00 plus $10.00 shipping Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  7. The get rid of kings mentality makes no sense. Without kings, you wouldn't have a fishery. Kings are the financial driver of the fishery AND without them, lake trout, Atlantics and steelhead would be doomed. If the lake went back natural species, Atlantic salmon would be in worse shape than they are now (thiamine issues from eating alewives) AND the trib fishery would dwindle to a handful of people. Lakers only run the Niagara in good numbers and Unicorns (Atlantics) cant survive in good enough numbers to make a real spawning population.
  8. I kept one deep hooked from conesus years ago. It was not good at all. It was very fishy and mushy. I will not keep one for the table ever again!
  9. If you were to build a fishery according to this statement, Lake Trout stocking would be the lowest of all the species. Most anglers on Lake Ontario do not value Lake trout for recreation or food because the NYS Health department recommends EAT NONE for most lake trout.
  10. Oh and about the Koolaide, the people stirring the Koolaide were also the same ones that told us a couple years ago (2014) that there was not enough bait to increase king stocking and went on to tell us that they are raising laker stocking from 500,000 / year to 800,000 / year.
  11. Try Augies on Ridge Rd Matt. I got mine there last year. There was a shop in buffalo that was carrying it also. They had it all season last year. I got another container of it during gun season.
  12. You can say that about the DEC (to a point) but I have a hard time saying that about the OMNR due to their Atlantic program. They have wasted hatchery space and resources on Atlantics that have VERY POOR returns to the Canadian tribs even though 600,000 are stocked annually in the Canadian tribs. The returns were in the single digits on the tribs where they were stocked. If the OMNR was trying to maintain a World Class fishery, they need to stop wasting resources on Atlantics.............
  13. I will take the rest. (9 packs) Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  14. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. I can't believe you believe every word a government agency (DEC) feeds you. They are a state agency with a budget that needs to get trimmed. I believe two year classes are low but I don't believe they are as low as they lead on. If the bait situation was so bad, why would they cut and turn around and let the pen projects pen more fish? Pen fish have a way better survival rate. If they wanted a true cut to save the bait, they would have cut the direct stocked and pen projects to make a true difference. This sounds like cost cutting to me. The low bait years are just an excuse to make cuts and save money by raising less fish. We will see if there is another warm winter with a bug year class of bait, if we go back to the numbers from two years ago. I said it when they announced the cuts that stocking numbers will never go back to the levels they were two years ago of they make cuts. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. And when our stocking got screwed up last spring, we should be compensated for it next year......... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  17. Green glow alewive UV by far was my number one spoon this year. Purple glow alewive was number two. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. With the Pen project fiasco for the mid lake ports this past spring, we should at least get some kind of increase. As some know, the pen projects were mostly cancelled mid lake due to late stockings and too warm of water. The DEC was also caught stocking Olcotts fish on the beach in three foot waves and baby kings were washing up on the beach. With the stocking cuts, pen projects are even more important that the past because of the survival rate. With the direct stocking of our pen fish due to water temps, we are taking more of a stocking cut! The pen projects are run by each region of the DEC. Why are we not dealing with one region so we have more consistency? Region 8 really dropped the ball this spring!
  19. Beautiful coho!
  20. Screw the thermal break. I want to see that coho!
  21. I think the staging is going to affect the bite more than the weather. Fronts do affect fish but trout and salmon do not seem to be affected as much as pike and walleye.
  22. That's what I'm talking about. I icefished in very warm temps in feb. then cold in April.
×
×
  • Create New...