Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Sent from my iPhone using [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=74288]
  2. Looks like the breakwall is almost done. Any bets on how long it takes the sand to pile in West of the new breakwall?
  3. They will imprint on the Salmon River for sure. I believe we get our pen fish too late and most are already imprinted on the Salmon River. The only thing it will do is make the strains more diverse.
  4. Lower class, Middle class, upper class, I don't give a rats butt. Breaking the law is breaking the law. This BS on the tribs needs to stop. The Asian guy down there owns a Chinese restaurant in the city On Dewey Ave. from what I was told. We as sportsmen need to get this crap stopped. With stocking cuts coming, we need to get the DEC, Town/ City officials to make some changes.
  5. GAMBLER

    Minnows

    I think I paid 16.95 for a pound of fatheads Saturday. It is way cheaper to buy them by the pound.
  6. GAMBLER

    Minnows

    They have to be certified VHS free. Why not just buy minnows by the pound from Mitchells?
  7. The main shaft of the broad head is stronger. My buddy shot regular broad heads at a deer and it killed it but the broad head looked like he shot it at a brick wall
  8. GAMBLER

    Minnows

    There are laws on catching and transporting bait.
  9. Pequod1 and GatorNy won with 4.5lbs.
  10. GAMBLER

    Minnows

    This is illegal in NYS now.
  11. 24-28" Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  12. Super excited and hit the button three times Bill? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  13. I will be bringing it up at the state of the lake meeting this spring.
  14. This is the crap that needs to be addressed with the DEC. With the stocking cuts on the way, the DEC needs to step it up and stop this garbage. The legit trib guys and us lake guys depend on the trout to survive the slow king times.
  15. Nice job Matt!
  16. The NYS Health department did a study two years ago on people that eat fish from Lake Ontario. I was one of them. They took blood samples and urine samples to check for contaminants in my body. All levels were very low and I eat a lot of fish from the lake. I was talking with the head of the project and she told me mercury levels in Lake Ontario are way down compared to what they used to be. Recently, they changed the eating restrictions on trout and salmon on Lake Ontario. We can now eat more than one meal a month except for lake trout.
  17. One thing I have always wondered about fish weight is the length of the "growing season". Do harsh winters and late springs will yield smaller kings because their growing season is shorter?
  18. NYS Health department gives out the fish consumption advisories not the DEC. It was changed recently and it is meals per month not meals per year.
  19. That smallmouth population will not rebound until the creel limit is reduced. It is silly that the smallmouth population is WAY lower than it was years ago, yet you can still keep 5 a day. Not good management practices IMO.
  20. Sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  21. Sold Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
×
×
  • Create New...