-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
I saw one report of a couple kings caught. Not as many as two ports to the East of us at Sandy.
-
Anyone try out of Sandy this morning? I'm heading out at 3 and was looking for intel.
-
Latest anti-outdoor decisions from Washington
GAMBLER replied to Gill-T's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Yawn.........I love how fishing topics are turning into political jabs back and forth. Cut the BS and talk fishing. There is already enough division in this country. Let's not divide this place too. I come here to read and talk fishing........ -
-
-
I run #1 and #2 chinook divers on the 4 setting out 15-25’ with a 8 foot leader and a spoon. What speed are you trolling? With the cold water, slower speeds are best.
-
-
for sale : usa Matthew’s mission youth bow - FREE
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
The bow was given to me for my son to use under the condition I passed it on when I was done for free. I’m happy to see someone will use it with their kid to get them into the great sport of archery. Hunting is a dying tradition in today’s messed up world. We need youth to continue the tradition for future generations! -
for sale : usa Sandy Creek Marina Monroe County
GAMBLER replied to Persistence's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
When I had my boat there in 2006, depth wasn’t an issue. The channel from the marina to the creek is tight but manageable. The only issue is the low hanging tree branches. Antennas, rods and nets would hit branches. Hopefully he trims them with a pole saw. -
-
-
-
-
-
Stingers have a wide speed range from slow to moderately fast. Dreamweavers and NK's are a heavier blank and are better at medium to faster speeds. Optimizers are built for speed and are your best spoon for high end speeds.
-
If Atlantics have an alewife diet, they will not do great. There have been studies done on this. The thiamine deficiency causes mortality in adults. Why don’t we see big Atlantics often? This is the reason. Yes proper stocking practices will help survival rate of stockers, but it will do nothing to help mortality rates due to thiamine deficiency from an alewife diet. Until alewife disappear from Lake Ontario, Atlantics will suffer.
-
-
-
-
Atlantic catch rates on the rise? I did catch two last year compared to one the season before. Over the years the Atlantic population seems cyclical. 2006 we caught 16 Atlantics, 2007 we caught 12 and the following year we caught 1. Every year we catch way more coho than Atlantics even though Atlantics are stocked in much great numbers. NY stocks about the same amount of each species yet Canada stocks way more Atlantics (400,000) in the lake than coho (80,000).








