Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Does not suck for me. I'm stuck at work all three days this weekend. Shift work has its benefits some times.
  2. Buy the X4 probe and the money you save buying batteries will pay for the probe upgrade in one season. I made the change last spring and love it. It is nice the company made the X4 probe compatible with the old 840 unit. I ahve been running the same 4 AA batteries all season and they are still good.
  3. There are flaps that keep water from coming back into the engine that have rubber on them. Over time the rubber will wear off and you will hear a clapping noise at low speeds. I had mine replaced 2 seasons ago and they are doing it again. When my gimball bearing went, it made my boat sound like it was a deisel engine not a gas engine.
  4. So what your are saying Ray, is we will look be the terds in the toilet if we go out on the lake next week?
  5. http://www.wfn.tv/blog/Justin/ Try this link
  6. I made the run East in the dark yesterday. Set the boat down 1 mile short. Slow until the light. Fishing was good yesterday had one king that just missed the board and another big mature some small kings, medium lakers and bows. We put 2 lakers on the board. It was nice to fish within a mile or two from shore for once. The game before yesterday was offshore. Good luck in the rest of the derby Lou. Don't let anymore big ones get away.
  7. The Genesee River is trollable from the piers up to the treatment plant. If there are fish in the lower end it is a good option because it is sheltered by the high gorge walls. If the salmon are not there, there are walleye to catch.
  8. With a 30+ mph West wind, What the heck are temps going to be down when it over? They were already down 100' yesterday off of Sandy.
  9. Lou, That was me that spotted that king and talked with you on the radio. The fish was in 125 fow bobbing on the surface heading NE with the chop. BIG king. If I would have trolled a little closer, I could have netted it for you.
  10. I ahve 4 on the boat but use 3 99% of the season. It is nice to have 4 there incase of a rigger malfuntion.
  11. What Pier? East end of the lake is now. The Salmon River got it's first run of the season yesterday and today. West will start in a couple of weeks.
  12. Mako, I would recommend first mating before getting your captains license. After seeing how hard you have to work to survive in this business, you may change your mind. These captains work their butts off to put fish in the boat for thier clients in the most diverse conditions. I tip my hat to charter captains. They work really hard for the buck they bring home.
  13. The X4 can be used on any rigger in the boat. Depth Raider, and Moor need coated cable and a dedicated rigger.
  14. I would like to thank ScottB, Legacy, Keith, and Mike Engle for putting together a great tourney. You guys did a wonderful job. I would also like to thank R&R spoons, Atommik, Captains Cove, Yeck Spoons, Dream Weaver spoons, Legendary tackle, and the North Star gun club. Fishing was very tough this morning but we still had fun. We ended the day with 4 fish and a yellow rain poncho. That came 30 down on a Michigan Stinger Gator Glow . That was a shocker. It was nice to see a lot of guys from LOU and put some faces with a name. Congrats to Jay and Trish from Trout and About Charters, Tank and his women on thier win.
  15. After the east winds today, I would run out and set up trolling North and keep that heading until you find fish.
  16. I use a piece of counter top I got from Mr Seconds. It was around $20.00 and works perfect. I put it on top of an old card table. Anyone else remove the pin bones the same way you remove the Y bones in pike? I tried it last time and it worked awesome.
  17. Or the East end Henderson / Islands area.
  18. If you are worried about the cable being off, tilt the transducer on your fish finder back a notch or two and you will see the rigger weights on the screen. Takes the guessing away.
  19. They also have a 1 day pass for $10.00.
  20. Got to be out on the water to catch fish. Work sucks. Thats all I can say. I might be out both days this weekend.
  21. Good luck Sunday. I will be out there.
  22. Salmon should hit Irondequoit Creek in early October. Black Creek, will not see any runs of kings. 2 waterfalls and a dam on the Genesee keeps them from getting there.
  23. I like 42 degrees and up. Set a couple rigs in 42 degree water, a couple in the 50's and one or two in the 60's.
×
×
  • Create New...