Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I was talking the jointed raps.
  2. I should have entered. The pike I caught on Conesus Saturday would ahve placed 2nd. That sucks.
  3. Or open the hunting season!
  4. Looks like a Bobsled. Nice work Mick.
  5. Tom, I like that nice slow wobble in the early spring.
  6. J-9's in perch, black and gold, orange and gold, and firetiger are my favorites.
  7. There is a nesting pair at the South end of Conesus also. My buddy watched one pick a crippled merganser off the ice on Conesus in front of his house last week.
  8. If I wanted to watch someone go in circles, I would troll around FISHINMAN more often
  9. Let me just say this - You might be a REDNECK if you talk trash about Fantasy Nascar.
  10. I say . Make it a trophy fishery. They are sterile but who cares. They still deserve to reach 50". That would be awesome.
  11. Happy Birthday Jason.
  12. Me too. Days when the riggers slow and wires slow, one rod keeps going. The copper rod. Stealth can be key on those days and copper is one of the most effective stealth rigs.
  13. If Erie does not freeze, the king fishing should pick up a little earlier and we may get lucky. If not, it is going to be a long derby.
  14. Jack, The 300 (most productive) and 400 (second most productive) and 500 copper have been most productive for me over the past 3 seasons. I keep the drag a little on the lighter side and then adjust it once you get the rod out of the holder.
  15. Wire - Diawa SG47lca 200 copper - Penn 330 GTI 300 copper - Penn 340 GTI 400 copper - Penn 345 GTI
  16. What did you think he was going to say? Over fishing due to a 3 rod rule . Sorry I could not resist.
  17. We do not catch many Atlantics because the numbers stocked are low (in NY waters). The Canadians are dumping a lot of Atlantics on their side of the pond. All of the Atlantics I have caught are in really rough shape (ie deformed fins). I'm not sure how good the survival rate is of these fish. The Canadians are not showing much of a return of the stocked fish. If you read the Spoonpullers site about Atlantics, you will see the MNR is stocking thousands (600,000+) since May of 06 and had very very low returns (some years single digit number in returns).
  18. Nice job Scott. Keep up the good work.
  19. Tom, It would not suprise me if NY did this. They are known for doing things to make money that ended up losing money.
  20. I use the perfection loop. I also add a heavy swivel to any of my flashers that do not have them.
  21. Has Been, How does running 3 rods per person make a mockery of the sport? Please explain this one? Like someone said before, Lake Michigan has the 3 rod rule and there fishing is not hurting at all. If you don't want 3 rods, don't run 3. Reduce the creel in the lake? Do you know what kind of effects this would have on the bait population? In the lake, atleast the fish have a choice to eat. They are spread over thousands of acres of water. In the streams, 1000's of fish are stuffed into shallow creeks and easy picking for snaggers, lifters and legit fisherman. This is why creels in the tribs should be less than the lake.
  22. What pound weights are you running? If there is a lot of blow back with light weights, your lure will be a lot higher in the water column than you think. Do you run speed or temp? Speed and temp can help drastically when there is a lot of current. If you are trolling too slow, your lure might not have any action. If you are trolling too fast, the fish might not want to chase it. Give us a little more details of your exact spread and equipment and we can help you further with this issue.
  23. I also voted yes. I would do more short afternoon trips after work if I could run 6 rods with 2 guys. If you could catch a couple more fish (in theory) it would make short trips with 2 guys in the boat worth it. Lets face it, most guys don't have boats big enough to run more than 8 rods without massive tangles. Most would only use this rule when it was 2 or 3 guys in the boat.
  24. Congrats Tom! Sounds a lot better than Big Weenie Challenge anyways
×
×
  • Create New...