-
Posts
4,384 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Silver Fox
-
3 ROD / PERSON...............PASSED IN BOTH HOUSES
Silver Fox replied to lyteline's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
This morning we brought my 10 year old nephew to do some derby fishing and though he didn't wiegh anything in, he had a blast! We put 30 fish on and landed over 20 w/ 6 Kings over 20#. The biggest was 23#. I'm pretty impressed how good he's getting at landing these fish. Not many Bows today, but we also got Coho's,Browns,Kings and only 1 laker. We stayed in 110'-160fow west of the creek. Riggers 45-65' down put most of the fish in the boat today. A few on the mag divers out 120' and only 1 300' copper fish (the 23#'r). The best lures today were by far the DW SS Wonderbread super glow and the Yeck Miami Dolphin super glow. Maybe 6 fish were taken on spinny/flies with the divers & copper. Good luck and I'll be back in the morning.
-
My intention for posting about it was to possibly make it a better resource for guys to get info about the lake. This is not a bash fest. The main reason for Rick and Bill's idea was to give everyone instant fishing info for that day. Take a look at Chromeslayers posts for today. He nailed it, but I have got no clue where some of these otherguys guys are fishing the last few days. Kieth, the tweets on lou were meant for fishing reports. If anyone wants to know which finger I just picked my nose with then go to the regular Twitter.lol. we can argue about this on the boat tomorrow if we have time.lol. [ Post made via Android ]
-
O.K. I guess I have to change my statement: "ever since the tweets were born".
-
Some of you do a great job in your tweets, but most of you don't. Is thier anyway of giving a general area of where your fishing? I don't think the particulars is what we want, just some sort of idea other than telling us every time you get a fish, how on fire it is or shark attacks. Even if you just say your offshore or inshore would be good enough. The rest of us can figure out the rest. Now go ahead and beat me up. I just keep hearing the same thing from other guys, so I felt like speaking up.
-
Don't waste your time. Stuff works awesome.
-
Spin doctor question and advice needed
Silver Fox replied to BP Swing's topic in Tackle and Techniques
I've been experimenting lately with both holes and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. Getting just as many fish on either of them. But then again you could just about troll a garbage can lid with a fly behind it and get fish right now. -
I've been running the Mag Dipsy's lately and it's just short of a 2-1 ratio. I had it out one day and it was at 200' out and I hit bottom in 93fow.
-
Yup, no problem. Fleas are horrible now and I get zero on my 20#.
-
Just wondering if anyone knows this person. I believe he fishes the finger lakes and Sodus. He bought a tackle box off me in April and I've talked to him on the phone in April about getting it to him and I haven't heard a thing since then. I hope he's alright. Just kinda worried and curious.
-
New price. $20.00
-
Hanging spoon storage
Silver Fox replied to Silver Fox's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
sold -
New price. $20.00
-
R & R spoon/flasher sale
Silver Fox replied to Silver Fox's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Deal fell through. Still for sale. -
LOT #1 20- NK 28's and 15- Mags. 35 spoons total= $50.00 LOT#5 20- NK 28's and 15- Assorted Mags(pirates,stinger,crippled alewife,suttons) 35 spoons total= $50.00
-
Silver Fox Sandy 7/10
Silver Fox replied to Silver Fox's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Its a silver cup mag or regular Yeck spoon w/ black back, neon green on each edge and glow ladderback down the center. I'll get a picture of it sat and post it. The name stands for "Bend Over Here It Comes Again". [ Post made via Android ] -
Yes black. When we used to use them a lot, the red ones worked great in the spring for bows and coho's. I cant believe I don't use them anymore. They put tons of fish in the boat. I guess the leadcore bug got me, but it doesn't catch anymore than the jets did. [ Post made via Android ]
-
Sandy Creek Shootout
Silver Fox replied to keith's topic in Tournament Talk, Shows, Events & Seminars
Also, thier are no full time charter boats out of Sandy. Mostly weekends. [ Post made via Android ] -
Sandy Creek Shootout
Silver Fox replied to keith's topic in Tournament Talk, Shows, Events & Seminars
One reason we are keeping it at just Sandy Creek is so it stays as fair as possible. Just because a few boats are charters doesn't mean they are better than some of the recreation boats. I average 5 charters a year, I'm basically like the average guy. I believe out of 29 boats last year, maybe 6 were charter boats and I think only 1 cashed. We are putting this on every year to have a little fun,meet new people and maybe win some $ or prizes. Everyone takes home product in this tourny. Thier will never be any divisions, open water or shore divisions. This is hard enough for the 4 of us to put this tourny together the way it is and we don't make a dime. We also throw in our $100 entry too. I hope this clears some things up. Scott -
Sandy Creek 7/10 - derby laker
Silver Fox replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Great day huh? Sorry I didn't get your call and I forgot to call back. Busy -
Fishing continues to be awesome out there! I had my buddies Dave and Missdemeaner Matt with me. We fished till noon and after somewhat of a slow start we put around 30 fish on and landed over 20. This time only about 5 lakers in the mix. 1 was 14# that came in slowly on the 300 copper. The rest were kings up to 22#,coho's up to 10#,browns, many bows and a 11.7# rainbow that missed the leaderboard by an ounce. Most the fish came in that 150' area just a little west of the creek. Riggers 45'-70' down, 300' copper and mag divers out 120'-150'. Riggers were poppin early with Yeck B.O.H.I.C.A. and Yeck Frogs. Then the second half of the morning wires with live wire spinnys/Dragon Fox Fly and the copper with a 10" crazy **** spinny/ Bristol Bay Brawler behind it were hot. @.8-3.0 down speeds were the best also. Good luck
-
Went out for a few hours after work and did a slow pick all evening. A few Kings up to 16#, lakers and a few Bows. Best area was 160fow and 70-80' down. 120'-180' with mag divers. Our best set ups were the live wire spinny/Dragon Fox Fly and the Yeck Oil Slick. Colder water has moved inside. I'll be out Sunday if anyone wants to sign up for the shootout. Look at the tail on this Bow. Pretty late huh? King that took a Yeck Oil Slick spoon
