Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. I use dive bombs a lot. Its about 8'down for every ounce you use. Ex: a 4oz dive bomb will go about 32'the down with mono. I use them on my short cores and attach the d.b. about half way out. [ Post made via Android ]
  2. Great job guys! [ Post made via Android ]
  3. Nice fish! Yeah, that 42# fish was taken right in front of us. My dad says "this guy doesn't know where he wants to go!". Now we know why! [ Post made via Android ]
  4. My neighbor has a 9.9 honda for sale that he mentioned to me outside today. shoot me a pm if you need more info.
  5. 60-65 fow. I was right near him. [ Post made via Android ]
  6. No problems with torpedo here. I know a lot of guys that have it and had no issues. Not sure I would call it a wire that's "not real". Its not any better or worse than any other seven strand. The guy had a problem and the company took care of it and he's happy. Should be left at that. [ Post made via Android ]
  7. =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: 20ish Total Boated:10ish Species Breakdown:Browns,lots of Bows and a couple small Kings Hot Lure: super glow Savant and a Dirty Sanchez Spinny(fin side is cr.glow, white and the back is half blk/half trash can) w/ a Alewife Fox Fly. Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 1.8-2.0 Boat Depth: 90-120' Lure Depth: riggers 60-80' and divers out 200-225' See ya this weekend!
  8. Friday Evening I had a half day charter that wanted to do some derby fishing. Very slow out there, going 5-7 with the biggest being a King that went 27.15# on the scales. Best was around that 90fow area with the riggers down 80'-90'. No hot lure. Saturday we stayed inside for a Brown Trout bite. Ended up 17-21 with a couple over 10#. 14 Browns, 2 nice Bows and 1 skip King. 55-65fow is where we hung out all morning. Temp was 70 degrees down 50' and 60 degrees down 55'. All of our fish came 50' down or higher. Our best set up was a green deeper diver out 150' with a NBK Stingray and next was our 50' riggers with Dreamweaver SS Super Glow Wonderbreads. Hopefully I'll make it out for the morning on a couple days this week, then next weekend is it. After that my arse will then be in Sodus Perch fishing.
  9. Thanks for the report Joe.I'll be out tomorrow morning unless I can move the trip to the afternoon.
  10. For the last 4-6 weeks, I to, can't get a mag to go. From spring to mid July, I'ts all I would run and I mostly run the Yeck mags which are 5 1/4" long. They are huge and a few of us were crushing fish of all sizes with them. Lately, the Stingrays have been by far the best, even on the Browns.
  11. Yup [ Post made via Android ]
  12. Ok I'll clarify. Colder temps will rise in the water column. Which will in turn, keep you from fishing the shipwrecks on the bottom. [ Post made via Android ]
  13. Sunday is 4 days away.Dont sweat it. Weathermen suck. Temps would probably go up though. [ Post made via Android ]
  14. Cutco. [ Post made via Android ]
  15. Great job matt! [ Post made via Android ]
  16. I do well with mine 20" from the end of the loop to the head of the fly. 20"-30" will work.
  17. Happy Birfday Matt! Sorry so late.
  18. =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: 15 Total Boated: 11 Species Breakdown: Laker, 2 shaker Kings and the rest were Browns. Hot Lure: NBK Stingray Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 2.0 Boat Depth: 60-90fow Lure Depth: 60-75 riggers, mag divers 150' and reg divers 200' Started out very slow then finally got the slow pick on Browns going with the biggest 10.13#. Holy cow do I love that 3 rod rule!
  19. Very classy post. I'm sure the other organizers like how you are deciding to grow your tourny. Gotta go now, I need to go check and see if my frank and beans are still there. Btw: I know of a third boat that fished it and maybe as time goes on we'll find others. [ Post made via Android ]
  20. 40.4#
  21. Fishing for trout on friday? No way. If Im there to win $25,000 for kings, you can bet your ass Im not fishing for lake trout on friday. If my entry is going to go for that on friday then we wont be there. Honestly I can'T believe it would be an option. [ Post made via Android ]
  22. =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: 25 - 30 Total Boated: 15 - 20 Species Breakdown:lots of Browns, couple lakers, many bows and Kings up tp 10#'s. Hot Lure: NBK Stingray, white sd/alewife Fox Fly on wires and DW SS spr glow wonderbread on riggers Down Speed: 1.6-2.0 Boat Depth: 80-120 Lure Depth: mag divers out 200',reg divers out 150-225' and riggers 90-105' My niece,nephew and matt(carpedium) joined us for the first day of the loc today. Very steady bite all morning with a little lull around 10am. Didn't boat a major. They are there and we lost the only one we put on. Many bites with spoons on the wires today. Spinny's got going later in the morning. Back at it Sunday. Matt's Rainbow
  23. I'll be out friday and sunday. Give me a shout.
  24. On behalf of the "never satisfied" fishermen..............
×
×
  • Create New...