Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Gambler and Missdemeanor joined us today for some derby fishing. Went west first thing and tried in close for browns, only to be frustrated in many ways. We only did a few fish in there and we had both of our walker planer boards dive to the bottom at one time or another. These boards have a design flaw I will get into on another day. We then went north to the green water between 80 and 130fow. Hooks everywhere from 40' to just off the bottom. We changed everything over to more of an offshore set up and picked at some fish. We did a couple teenage lakers,couple coho's and a bow. We also had a couple misses on the dipsey and top line. Best lures offshore were the small cindy Bomber and (super glow) frog Yeck spoons.Maybe Matt can post a couple pics he took. We had a great time fishing together and I'll be back out for a charter in the am. Good luck!
  2. My pops and I snuck out for a few hours before I had to work. We put 5 small browns in the boat by about 8am and decided to head out a little toward a small temp break with green water on the other side. This was in about 50fow. Trolled it for awhile without moving a rod. We were back in by about 10am. Our fish came on smithwicks and nbk Yeck's in about 8-10fow. Water is still stained, but not for very long. We'll be out again all weekend. I'm pretty jacked, starting today I'm fishing 8 out of the next 10 days due to tourny's and charters! Good luck, Scott
  3. You can get up to 10yds at purple taco. Not sure about tom though.
  4. Raymarine a70d. It also has a $500 rebate till july.
  5. I'm going to make this short, cause I hate typing. Caught about 30+ fish for the long weekend. We fished friday west of the creek and didn't start hitting fish till the park in about 25fow. Ended up getting lakers and coho's. We were hoping to pull a king out of there, but it didn't happen. Biggest was a 10# coho. Sat. we went east to hit some browns and only took about 10. Apparently we should have turned back instead of heading to Braddocks. Sunday we stayed between the creek and cowsucker. We picked at them till we quit @ 10am. We weighed in a 12.7 and a 10.5# brownies. Also took a 12# king. Our best plug off the boards were smithwicks and copper/silver bombers. Our riggers did very well on friday and sunday with walmart and nbk Yeck spoons about 50-80' back. Can't wait to get off the beach and get offshore a little. Good luck
  6. Yes, that Keith HambleT is an awesome guy!
  7. The rescue picture I sent you must have really helped huh?
  8. I think it's 68 foster.
  9. SOLD pending payments.
  10. Nice going, now the Black Fin secret is out.
  11. That is a great pic of your brown. Nice to see the whole fish.
  12. A guy backed out and they are still for sale.
  13. The 56 ass. spoons are sold.
  14. The wire reels are sold. Also, the sealine is a 27lc NOT a 47lc.
  15. That's all she'll take for you? You really pisses her off buddy.lol [ Post made via Mobile Device ]
  16. Happy birfday Rob
  17. SOLD (1) Daiwa sealine 27lc . Never was used much and in great shape....$50 SOLD (2) Daiwa Great Lakes 47lc in good condition w/ 1 year old 12# big game mono.......$110 SOLD (2) Daiwa Great Lakes 47lc in good condition w/ about 950' of 7 strand 30# wire........$125
  18. We just wired up a couple new saltist 30lc's and on these reels their is no need for the tape. The spool has a small knob in the middle of it to prevent any slipping (at least I hope that's what it's for). We crimp our wires onto the spool. Always have and never had a problem. We also crimp on the swivel at the other end.
×
×
  • Create New...