Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. I believe the 2 's are about 5/8ths and the 3's are about 7/8's maybe? lately I have used just the solid ball bearing swivels in those sizes and fit them with my own black duolock snaps (the stronger wire type)
  2. I spray shad scent on the inside of the lid of my plastic lure boxes close it and let sit for a few days then wipe the residue off the lid and any lures where it has attached with a clean dry cloth because most of these scent sources will tarnish lures especially those with real silver finish (e.g. Suttons). I know metal isn't supposed to absorb the scent but many of my spoons have add on eyes tape etc. and I think it at least masks the human scent as well as the nail polish I've used to color some of the lures I also spray my flies and flashers/spinneys with the shad scent before they go in the water. I just use the YUM shad scent you find in sporting goods stores.
  3. The sizes sometimes vary with manufacturer but generally size 2 for browns and lighter stuff (e.g. Finger Lakes) and size 3 for routine fishing including salmon.
  4. WTG nice report and nice idea of combining the 4 pics into one
  5. Your success rate might be better if you go at night and let your ears guide you.
  6. Nice day of fishing and nice job on reporting details.
  7. Welcome aboard Tom and best of luck to you. Les
  8. Like my buddy Hop suggested this thread should be yanked...it has taken on a life of its own....lets get back to sport fishing....
  9. :smile: Thanks for clarifying that Justin
  10. If you have a Fish Hawk TD you could check it out for sure as well as the temp there.
  11. Did he just jump into your boat? Or might there be more info ?
  12. Nice work! Looks like one of the fish we were after out of that area during the derby Fun off the riggers and when they aren't down so deep.
  13. Sweet! Justin....great way to spend Father's Day! I'm just waiting to see YOUR eyes light up in the pics in the future from eating all those walleyes
  14. If it were me and I was down the road from Hank at L&M that is where I'd be headed based on everything friends have told me and what I've seen on here. The folks at Arney's have always been pretty good to deal with too.
  15. WTG Nick and company....a southenders paradise (except for the surface junk)
  16. Nice going and great report. I know what you mean about the home made stuff I've been doing it for years (spoons and flies) and one of the best moments of my life was when my dad caught a money lake trout in the Seneca Derby (and was leading for the first day) the year before he died and it was on one of my home made spoons.
  17. Basically you want it away from motor turbulence or the turbulent areas of the rear of the hull design (not near or on back of chines) If the khz of the unit is a different frequency than your finder you may be able to locate it nearby if the hull design permits. You may also get a plastic or fiberglass mounting board and attach it to the transom and mount your transducers there so you have a greater range of locations and more freedom to move them around for optimal performance.
  18. If you are using the Church inline board tighten down the screw on the pinch pad and slide the line to the the very back of it
  19. Great way to spend Father's Day and nice report. Thankfully the weather today was nice too.
  20. Sounds like lower unit seal letting water in with the oil. Don't know about the other.
  21. Thanks Mike same to you bud. You have a great family.....many blessings....
  22. I'd get an F150 pickup if it were me gas mileage is pretty good (almost double the Trailblazer) and you can haul just about anything. I love my 2005 Expedition but it is rusting badly (southern vehicle- never again) and only get about 11 mpg and less while towing. The newer ones may be better on gas but they are really expensive.... P.S. I started out towing this boat (total wt. about 3,200 with a 1999 Ford Explorer V-8 (Eddie Bauer) and although it did tow the boat it struggled and at 55-60 on the road t was like the tail wagging the dog. After all sorts of trailer and boat on/off the trailer tongue adjustments I realized it was the fact that the trailer wheelbase was wider than that of the tow vehicle by quite a bit. I bought the Expedition (V-8 350) and problem solved ...tows like a dream.I am mentioning it because most folks would never think about that influence....something to consider for a tow vehicle.
  23. Hope it isn't wire or line in the prop shafts......good luck with it Nick.
  24. To those of you whose father's are still alive and in your lives I'd like to say make the most of every day with them while you are able. Time has a way off sneaking up quickly and those opportunities are gone forever. The same applies to fathers and their children...spend the time with them every chance you get....things and opportunities don't last forever but memories do. Happy Father's Day!
×
×
  • Create New...