Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. Sometimes "accidents" happen Nick and coincidence plays a role .....maybe it would have been my fish if it wasn't for the motor problem too we're going to have fun this time anyway right?
  2. Nice smallie Jeff....time to get the other species dialed in Good luck bud.
  3. Rumor has it (from reliable sources) that the guys at the south end NEED 20 lines out to stay up with the northenders using 3 lines Still trying to verify the sources
  4. .....just waiting for the clapping to die down Ray Time to kick butt in those salt water big money tourneys Ray....
  5. WTG John. Your report also reminds me why we Finger Lakes/Lake O fishermen need to be reminded of how good we really have it here being able to just drive a few minutes or an hour or so for outstanding fishing. It hasn't always been that way so we can't a take it for granted. Nice report John and great fishing. Best of luck to ya. Les
  6. I don't even want to "imagine" that one Sean. But then again when I watch Deadliest Catch or Wicked Tuna on TV and they lay out a few grand for fuel at a time I feel "relieved' to have a smaller boat
  7. I use in-line TX 44's and leave the boards on until I get to them along with the fish on the way in. My Yellowbirds stay on the line too with fish on.
  8. I had to fork over $4.60per gallon today here in Canandaigua (Dobbs Gas Station).....thats why I don't let my 60 gal. tank get down too far
  9. Good point.....even a bad day of fishing is much better than a good day at work Didn't do much because of the wind released what I caught because not enough to mess with cleaning. Oh well always next time>>>>
  10. Nice going! healthy looking Landlock too. Good to see without those damned lampreys dangling from them The water temp on the surface of Canandaigua today was 40.2 in most places ( much smaller lake too) but I was fishing for perch today solo....until the wind blew me off the lake. Sounds like you had a lot more fun than I did
  11. I'd try running one of them at the side of the boat with and without and observe the action (or lack thereof). Sometimes there is a good reason why they don't have the split ring or even certain sized ones are used.
  12. Yeah I had to adjust my spacing to 12 ft intervals with 12 ft leaders most of the time......a lot of bead chains but it gave me lots of options too....kinda boring with just 5 leader rigs now....
  13. WTG Kevin! I'm hoping to get out here on Canandaigua tomorrow morning after them. We had trouble finding them on Monday afternoon until about an hour before we quit. Hopefully they will be somewhere nearby this time out....time to load up on them before they move out deeper
  14. In the old days before the changes in the regulation and my kid rode with me I used to run 4 Seth Greens with 15 spoons each and two top lines (62 lures) on my outriggers (on my little13 ft Whaler)....great untila couple big rainbows hit going cross directions
  15. I spray on Shad scent which i think kills the human scent at least and although it washes off spoons it seems to stay better on flies and artificial meat rigs but most of the time I use actual bait (alewives or smelt) for meat. I sometimes even spray it on attractors for salmon.
  16. Yeah I wouldn't be thinking of it if you smoke
  17. One of the things that is critical when fishing bullheads in the lake is the wind direction...it should be coming toward you rahter than away from you.
  18. They have been getting a few in the canal at the launch and at the south end of the lake.....they are just getting started and have come in right after the crappies departed.
  19. Never thought I'd see the day when running 6 or 9 rods on my boat...I'd be low man on the totem pole out there
  20. The White Porqupine will be "out and about" this year (as contrasted with "dead in the water" last year) We won't be staying at Sampson but hope to "check in" and meet some folks etc. The motors will be all tuned up so no excuses this time....for letting Nick whip our butts
  21. "You talking to me?" Make my day ! I'm in
  22. Sk8man

    Canadice 4/18 Canadice

    Yeah, my 2 stroke 9.9 is being tuned upi right now and I'm wondering if I am going to have to figure it out all over again....I can tell by just the sound of the motor usually where I need to be it's been with me since 1989....older than one of my kids
  23. Just a thought on the rod breaking.....I don't know whether you had the graphite Ugly stick or not but I've had a couple of graphite rods break unexpectedly in the past and the only thing I could figure was that they were very brittle in the cold temp or may have had hairline cracks (undetected) from banging around in the boat or vehicle...either way it sucked
  24. In the left hand upper corner click HOME then select for example Open Discussion (a general area) or say Finger Lakes Discussion (a more specific one) and post within that area by clicking on the START NEW TOPIC and then do your post
×
×
  • Create New...