Hi all, 

Sorry for the late post but fished yesterday morning (6/23) in front of the bay and east towards Webster. 125-180 FoW. Not a ton of bait but fish where there and scattered - 4/5 on salmon and lost the only major we had on but we got a 12lb, 11lb, 9lb, and 7lb so not too bad. The big boy was there for about 2 mins and came unbuttoned but the rod was going berserk. Most hits came 40-60 down - all riggers and MVP was NBK. Beautiful day to be out there. Seems like transition is over and based on my screen, it appears that that thermocline was down around 50. 

Have fun out there .....

Flanman

Thanks for the report Flanman.  You had 2 good minutes of heart pumping fun with one of them.  Interesting that you had good luck in less than 200' yesterday.  Just goes to show us that a day makes a big difference.

Had a interesting day. We left the Genny in heavy fog in the early afternoon. I debated not continuing when I was at the end of the pier and couldn’t see back to the marina. We putted very slowly out to 70 feet and I dropped the probe. It was 46 degrees at 20 feet down. I wasn’t expecting that. So we set up 3 lead lines. (3 color, 5 and 7). Riggers and dipsey. Eventually we trolled out to 170 and back into 50. We repeated that all day. Fog eventually cleared and we had lots of action. We went 7-8. A couple matures and three very nice rainbows. NBKs and Green silver FF. 
when we retuned to the shumway their was a boat parade and a fire boat shooting out water, boats were lit up with Christmas lights. I was crazy. The lead lines took the rainbows. Dipsey and rigger took the kings.