Opinions on a DIY spoon glow box? Currently I just hit the spoon with a light in low light conditions and don’t do anything when the sun is shining. 

11 minutes ago, java said:

Opinions on a DIY spoon glow box? Currently I just hit the spoon with a light in low light conditions and don’t do anything when the sun is shining. 

I bought some LED strip lights and lined the inside of a small bait bucket. It's nice to have. Make sure whatever container you use doesn't let light escape. The lights charge via a small usb battery. Could probably put one together for under $20.

• Like 1

Java, I had wired an led light in the corner of my boat under the gunnel.  Used it a lot when input it in. Then I learned a uv light is 10x the power to light up my spoons.  I keep three in the back of the boat.  There cheap. 

41 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Java, I had wired an led light in the corner of my boat under the gunnel.  Used it a lot when input it in. Then I learned a uv light is 10x the power to light up my spoons.  I keep three in the back of the boat.  There cheap. 

Great thanks. I recently picked up a light and need to consider a practical way to get it on my spoons. 

Edited by java