Deadrise for trolling

Depending on the year- Robalo has been a name.  Like many manufacturers it has gone through ownership changes over the years.  Being a 23 footer I don't think deadrise should be an issue.  The boat would be 8 or 8 1/2 feet wide.  On a smaller boat, a 17-18 footer deadrise would be much more of a factor.   I don't know the specs of a Grady off the top of my head but they usually have quite the V and there are plenty of those around.

The one I am looking at is an 8’6 beam. I am currently running a 19 ft starweld. When I first bought boat I was fishing a lot of different lakes . Now realizing that lake O is where I want to be more than not… Hoping to step up to a more lake O friendly boat.

21* is what you want for Ontario. Going and coming from rough water this is much better than 10-* or so that will pound you to death instead of cutting through the slop . If she rolls too much in the ditch, buy a pair of trolling bags . They will " plant " the boat and keep the roll to a minimum. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, hookedupf7 said:

The one I am looking at is an 8’6 beam. I am currently running a 19 ft starweld. When I first bought boat I was fishing a lot of different lakes . Now realizing that lake O is where I want to be more than not… Hoping to step up to a more lake O friendly boat.

I feel ya. I bought a 14' Big Fish. Lovely on flat water, but I've learned I prefer Lake O, plus I live 5 minute drive from launch ramp. 14' greatly restricts the time I can go out on Lake O.  Too many choices. Good luck picking your next boat.

On 7/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, hookedupf7 said:

Hey guys did a search and came up empty. Looking at a clean robalo 23 ft wa. Says the deadrise is 22 degrees. I am curious how this deadrise would be for trolling? Also any opinions on robalo boats and for an Ontario setup.

Beautiful boat and will troll great. Well made and great boat. What is it powered with?