Otisco Catch and Release Trip

Miss em

Got out for a change of scenery for a couple hours tonight.  Haven't fished it much the last couple because of all the walleye trolling pressure.  We got a couple nice quality fish.  Sad to see the screen so empty on the fish finder but there has been a lot of adult eyes killed the last few years.  I'm no expert but just my two cents.

34993.jpeg

34986.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve pretty much stopped fishing the lake since last year.  Summer trolling for eyes for me has become a fishless tour around the lake.  The other lakes I fish require much less time and gas to get bites, just not as much quality in size.   Nice job connecting on those fish.  

It’s an awesome lake for trophy fishing but not for quantity unless you really put your time in.  One of my heaviest walleyes came from there and was only 27”.  It went 10 # and looked like it just ate a bass in one gulp.

• 3 weeks later...

Livescope has totally changed my outlook on the lake.  There are so many walleye in there compared to what I thought pre livescope...it's just unbelievable!  Its definitely not the numbers that are making it difficult....just takes much more skill and patience.  Nice job Jeff! Not too many boats can catch em and you do more often than not.  You can jig 10 ways, jerkbait em, and troll em all in daylight, and after dark there are lots more options....its just more challenge than most can handle.  Bleed those fish and trim em well and they taste as good as any eyes and without the heavy metals from everywhere else!  

• Like 1