Any reports out of the oak?

Fished mon, Tues, wed. Lots of fish between 80-140' west. Mag divers with flasher fly seemed to be our best. Back 170-190. Bad toad uv and raspberry carbon14 Uv were our best spoons. Riggers down 55-85. The one I'm holding almost spooled me. Check the weather buoy. Good luck.

20230801_214047.jpg

20230801_200151.jpg

Edited by djbobert8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Up to the Oak from South Jersey for the past two weeks. Fishing has been from good to lights out depending on the weather. Hard north blow this morning made fishing from my 23 footer too uncomfortable, hoping to get out this evening and Sunday morning before the wind starts back up. Had good luck in 200-300 ft. of water with spoons on riggers at 75-85 and dipseys at 190-240 on a 3 setting. Best spoons have been Carbon 14, UV Green Jeans and Wonderbread/Burnt Bread. Biggest kings came on Glo Frog/White belly on a 400' weighted steel chute line. Green Bam and Chrome Bam flashers with Bam fly and Atommik Hypnotist fly have produced well. Haven't run any meat rigs but hear they're producing. Most of my fishing has been solo, so only able to use three rods, which limits the variety I can run at any one time. Had some evenings out at the 28.5 line when I couldn't keep three rods in the water. What a fantastic fishery you guys have up here, I'm so jealous! Good luck tomorrow.

Nick

• Thanks 1

Carbon 14 is a tried and true and never leaves my rigger lmao! The other gets changed up depending on what people are catching on. My usual spread is only 5 rods depending on who I'm fishing with, but 2 riggers, 2 dipsys and a leadcore is usually my go to spread. Last Sunday I was out with a newbie from work and we went 0/2 one on a spoon, one on meat behind a dipsy but it seemed like the good temps were pretty shallow. I'm hoping my kid can fight his first salmon tomorrow in the boat, but my luck with him out there hasn't been good as of yet 😅 

6 hours ago, Mkenward1 said:

. My usual spread is only 5 rods depending on who I'm fishing with, but 2 riggers, 2 dipsys and a leadcore is usually my go to spread.

Same for me, fishing a 21 ft sylvan. Only difference is we run a copper out the middle not a leadcore. I will usually put a flasher/fly on one rigger and meat off the other and wait to see which one is getting the action then swap over the other one. 

The fighting belt is a great idea to have handy!

We went 3/5 this morning with 2 coming in on a spoon (moonshine sniper) and out biggest coming on meat behind a dipsy. Carbon 14 had a kick off and headshake but no hook up and the other dipsy lost half its meat but again, no hook up. Both spoon hookups were down 50 in 120-150 fow. The meat went off out in 200 fow with a size 0 dipsy with o ring back 200. Was a good day on the water and memories were made for sure!

20230806_062627.jpg

20230806_071501.jpg

• Like 2

We did get out today, took 8 fish,  7 king's 1 steelhead, biggest fish came off meat right out front 1st thing this morning, took another couple nice fish 250-300, then finished up deep with a nice steelhead and a couple more king's.

This was a charter for us on Trolling Tales Charters, thanks to Captain Joe  Allowatt and 1st mate Easton, great day 

• Like 1

We watch your reports and the videos you post up on yourtube everyday they come out! Its always fantastic information that helps steer us the next time we hit the water. I don't have charts on my boat, so the lines you reference are lost on us, but we know the 29-31 lines are out in deeper water lol! I think we are going to try to get the whole family on the water today for an afternoon troll. It may be short lived as we have a 7 month old now and this will be her first time on the boat, but if we can pick up a fish or two it will be a good day of memories and that's what we do it for.

• Like 1