Autopilot, Garmin Reactor 40

cedarswamp

• 1 month later...

Mattjc—did you install your a/p?  If so I would be curious if you went with an octopus helm or octopus steering drive?  I have a 1992 SeaRay 200OV with 4.3L mercuiser I/O with hydraulic assisted cable steering.  I am trying to develop my bill of materials (parts list) and any hacks/lessons learned.

thanks in advance for your insight and feedback.

PoJ

Edited by Pair of Jacks
Spelling errors

On 9/6/2023 at 12:44 AM, Pair of Jacks said:

Mattjc—did you install your a/p?  If so I would be curious if you went with an octopus helm or octopus steering drive?  I have a 1992 SeaRay 200OV with 4.3L mercuiser I/O with hydraulic assisted cable steering.  I am trying to develop my bill of materials (parts list) and any hacks/lessons learned.

thanks in advance for your insight and feedback.

PoJ

Do you run a kicker?

We install mechanical AP's often enough. I can help you with a bill of materials, and even drop ship those items to you.

Capt Rick—would very appreciate any assistance.  I am up at Hector NY (Seneca Lake) this week from my home port (Lake Anna Virginia) working on the refitting the SeaRay.  At this point a/p is a next year budget item as I got all the electronics, downriggers, rods/reels, rod holders etc this year, but definitely want to get a good idea on BoM and pricing.

Feel free to PM me with your recommendations.

PoJ

4 minutes ago, Pair of Jacks said:

Capt Rick—would very appreciate any assistance.  I am up at Hector NY (Seneca Lake) this week from my home port (Lake Anna Virginia) working on the refitting the SeaRay.  At this point a/p is a next year budget item as I got all the electronics, downriggers, rods/reels, rod holders etc this year, but definitely want to get a good idea on BoM and pricing.

Feel free to PM me with your recommendations.

PoJ

Do you run a kicker?