Frabil Net Extension Handle Replacement

Pappy

This seems simple enough but I can’t find anywhere including the manufactuer a replacement telescoping handle for a Frabil net.

anybody else run into this and has any info

the net itself is like new, the handle is aluminum and folded in half during a netting episode

thanks

Wonder if you could find something like a cylindrical closet hanger rod in aluminum or thin stainless at Lowes for example?

Can I replace the handle or release button on my landing net?

Typically, yes. Please contact our customer service team at (800) 226-9868. Be sure you have the net with you to help our team decide what replacement part(s) you need.

I contacted them on their web site a couple years ago, and the replacement part was going to be pretty expensive, but shipping to my house in canada was going to be almost $200 on top of the part, plus customs and duty.   No canadian options, so bought a new net from a competitor.  

I'm not sure what net you have but I have a couple of the TRU-TRAX nets for sail at a great price. they are still in great condition. I can't remember for sure what the last price was., but if you want to pay shipping I have the large TRU-TRAX for 65.00 or the smaller one for 55.00. if you're interested just let me know. they both have the extendable TRU-TRAX handles.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info PoleSetter

I will look at carbon fiber

i don’t see why a Beckman won’t work but I called the customer service and they said it will not work.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up to the net handle saga!

I intended to follow up on the carbon handle but just hadn’t gotten to it!

A holding company, Pure Fishing, I believe owns  Frabil among a bunch of different other brands so we you call Frabil you get Plano. When the handle “folded” in late June, customer service lady tried everything but couldn’t help. I went on website, contact us deal, and sent an email to a “sales” type email address, filed in the boxes kind of thing. Didn’t hear anything BUT last Thursday I got a UPS package with a new handle from Plano Sales Dept!

It isn’t exactly the same, actually way better design. So a little grease and some light tapping and it fits, snugly!

a very big surprise 

So a big thumbs up to Plano/Frabil and if anyone has a broken handle I have the part number for a replacement!

• Like 1