So I guess this could be a fishing report because someone caught these and for whatever reason dumped them ?? South end of Long pond at the parking lot. No idea if they were caught there but was taking the dog for a walk and happened upon this pile of perch at the edge of the lot. What possible reason would you keep the fish only to waste them by dumping them out. Unreal how some people think... or don't think

IMG_20231112_150719176_HDR.jpg

I agree that this a bloody shame and you are rightfully angry.

As to why people do this?

My guess is that while catching them , this person was thinking about  showing them off to his friends and maybe about eating them, but before he reached his car he thought about having to clean them and what his wife would say about those stinky things and how nobody was going to touch them. So he decided not to get himself in that situation and just dumped them.

It may be understandable, but whoever did this needs to learn about respect for the bounty of nature instead of treating it like garbage. If he does not want his catch he should have just released them.

By letting them go he might have seen an eagle or an osprey swoop down and grab a fish.

Yes I have been  guilty of letting fish get freezer burn then trying to smoke or bbq it. But letting those nice perch go to waste is a sin like you said give them away or anything but dump them.  My friend  in  Fla that used to live in Michigan was very  upset. He wanted to come this fall to fish with me but I am hit and miss with perch in the fall.  First time in 23 years skunked on fall run salmon or browns . Had some on but none  in the boat. Hope next year is better. Going to try the downriggers for the first time . Hope I learned enough here to make something happen.