Transducer choice??

Perch is high up so a side  view would help, lakers are deep down so a smaller down aimed cone is needed. I once owned a hummingbird transducer that had a choice of 3 different cones and gave sideways, 45 degree and 90 degree cones. In your place I would look for something similar. The guys at Krenzer marine in Sodus Bay will be your best bet.

cone isn't narrow enough. a basic 2d transducer 83/200 or 50/200 gives much better results. 

chirp has it's place as well as side view but not for trolling. I run a basic 2d for trolling and another ff with chirp and dv and sv for sm and perch. JMO

16 hours ago, Shakemsam said:

cone isn't narrow enough. a basic 2d transducer 83/200 or 50/200 gives much better results. 

chirp has it's place as well as side view but not for trolling. I run a basic 2d for trolling and another ff with chirp and dv and sv for sm and perch. JMO

Makes sense 🤔 I'll have my original helix 5 transducer left on the transom and I can use that for trolling if the one I posted doesn't work as well.... it would be nice to be able to use both at the same time and be able to compare? There'll be another transducer on the Ulterra Quest that will be available to use. It sounds Very Complicated!! 🤷‍♂️🙂

Lots of good info and opinions on transducers!

The best guy though for you to talk to would be Yankee Troller, personally I wouldn’t invest money in graphs or transducers without talking with him 

just my opinion