Gill-T splash down cruise- 3/2/24

Stupid easy fun fishing continues along the Niagara County shoreline. Water is still cold with 36 degrees the warmest found today along shore. Brown spread consisted of six board lines, one zero dipsy and two riggers. Everything caught fish. We amused ourselves by trying to see how many different baits we could catch fish on so after a bait took a fish, we would remove and replace it with something. As the morning progressed we tried getting creative with our bait choices. Some of the lures we caught fish on  included a Reel Keel plug, a size 3 j-plug, a vibrax spinner, a spin and glow plus many stickbait and spoon iterations. In the end we concluded we could have caught fish on a cigarette.  We did poke out into Laker Land to have a look. We liked the graph but fish were not biting out there. Good to see some bait around and fat healthy fish. The last pic was a fish that looked like it came out of the finger lakes with very little body spots. 

IMG_5031.jpeg

IMG_5034.jpeg

IMG_6237.jpeg

IMG_6234.jpeg

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 9

Cograts on a great 1st day !! Looking at your pics kinda looks like your boat is an I/O with a dog house in back floor area. Mine is too. Now that water is in your block (not antifreeze) are you worried about below freezing temps that will still probably see in days ahead ? Or maybe you have heated storage or do you drain your block ? I'm also assuming your a trailer guy like me. Just curious

Posted (edited)

I looked ahead at this week’s weather and didn’t see any freezing temperatures forecasted so I did nothing. If freezing temps were forecasted I would have run the non-toxic antifreeze through.  

get one of these and a set of muffs

IMG_6240.png

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

Swwet! Always a great day when you can R&D baits instead of focusing on the specifics replicating what's working. At the risk of embarrassing myself publicly ill refrain from mentioning things I've caught fish on..... regardless, nice work out there !