Any recent reports from Sandy Creek/Hamlin, Lighthouse Point or Braddock Bay area

Hope to get out on the lake this Friday, May 17, launching at Braddock Bay.

I was wondering if anyone has fished the Sandy Creek/Hamlin, Lighthouse Point or Braddock Bay areas recently and have any information to share on recent fishing experiences in these areas, whether salmon or brown trout or whatever.

My last time out was about 4 weeks ago and we did very well on brown trout back then.  Fished 10-20 ft of water that day.   Caught about a dozen in 3-3.5 hours of fishing.

But I am sure things have changed since then as water has warmed.

Any information that anyone could share would be appreciated!!  Thank you!

Mr Kato

I launch out of the Port of Rochester and fish to lighthouse, Ill be going out Thursday Night but the fishing slowed down a bit and south winds have pushed a lot of the kings offshore. I've been most productive in 150-250 feet for kings the last two weeks and we picked up a small Atlantic a king and a handful lakers in that 75-100 range on Saturday.

Meat Rig and flasher fly bite is pretty good

Kings have been sitting deeper when fishing the inside water and in the top 50 or 60 of the water column when fishing that deeper 150+ range. 

Pretty new to trolling but that's been my experience the last two weeks.

Be careful launching out of Braddock's the channel is very shallow per usual, I bounced off bottom about two weeks ago in a 17ft crestliner fishhawk heading in for gas and decided i wouldn't bother risking it for the future with no real need to go into the bay.

7 hours ago, Stephenleo said:

Be careful launching out of Braddock's the channel is very shallow per usual, I bounced off bottom about two weeks ago in a 17ft crestliner fishhawk heading in for gas and decided i wouldn't bother risking it for the future with no real need to go into the bay.

I took the fire boat out on eclipse day and it was less than 2’ in certain spots of the channel hugging west side. Was hoping it would improve but always seems to be shallow there. 

I fished out of Sandy and Braddock last week, agreed Braddocks is very shallow. Braddocks was slow (it was super rough and the afternoon when I went out) got one nice brown in the 1.5 hours on a spoon in 100 ft of water. 

Sandy we got out early, fished for 3 hours before getting blown off. All the fish were caught between 190 and 220 feet right in front of the channel, 3 Kings, one Laker and a steelhead and 2 misses. All on spoons, all in the top 70 ft, meat rigs didn't move at all. 

12 for 17 last Saturday out of Sandy. Top 60 over 240. 10 Kings, 1 Atlantic, 1 Coho. Most action was on 5,7,10 Lead-core, some rigger hits with slide cheater taking the hits. All spoons, best UV Carbon14 and UV Can't Afford It Stingrays. Chinook divers only took one hit.

Posted (edited)

Was out last Saturday out of Braddocks. went 9/14 on kings. Fish are spread out and are transitioning big time with little to no baitfish present. Didn't mark much of anything. We set up in 250' fished out to 450'....but our best action was both 320 and 380'. But that was Saturday...when you get out on Friday they could be anywhere. Bad fishing is better than no fishing, but the best days of spring our behind us...and the lake is not set up yet for summer. Good luck...

And the channel is lowwww. Stay to the west side, go slow, get all people to the front of the boat...and trim the motor up. 

Edited by mmlobiondo