Braddocks channel

Hug the west side of the channel both in and out. Few spots are about two feet. Really not much different than the norm. 

I was out yesterday in a 21' fiberglass boat. There are 3 sandbars in the channel where I have to trim all the way up in order to not dig through the sand. The west side of the channel is better, but its still not great. 

Thank you, very helpful inf. It would be great if the marina would contact the correct party to dredge the channel for the summer, a lot of larger boats renting slips that don't want big money repairs. Everybody should be asking the marina to make something happen.

On 5/27/2024 at 9:31 AM, jilou1ow said:

Thank you, very helpful inf. It would be great if the marina would contact the correct party to dredge the channel for the summer, a lot of larger boats renting slips that don't want big money repairs. Everybody should be asking the marina to make something happen.

Unfortunately, till people stop giving them money to slip their boat there it may never change. I don’t get it, people having issues in that channel ruining lower ends for years, but still use it. Unless they dredge yearly, that channel is not suitable for bigger boats. 

Pretty sure Braddocks isn’t considered a navigable waterway hence it falls on the marina owners, Gibbs and Danielleys to keep it open. 

when gibbs ran braddocks bay marina they said they offer a ramp for the bay if you went out the channel it was on you

Funny thing though is boats have gone in and out since they pulled out the railroad tracks (or at least parts of them lol). The local options are limited.