Cayuga 05/30 with Pics

Fished Cayuga today with the family. We got a late start, had the first lines in the water around 7:30am. I fished an area that has produced Bows in the past and we found them today. We put 5 Bows in the boat all of them were fat healthy fish that we were able to release :) . My 6 and 3 year old reeled them all in as well as 6 Lakers. I did keep 3 small lakers to keep the kids happy. Water temp was 55 on top and 51 at 60' down. All fish caught from 10' to 60' down on Stinger spoons the orange crush was hot today.

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

Reminds me of my daughter and son when they were that age. Priceless....I wish I could get em back to that age, we fished all the time then. Now they are in thier 20's and just like me, less time, but they still enjoy fishing with the Dad. Very nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Mark

Well done! That's awesome your girls are into it as well. Your raising them right! Took my 4yr old boy and the neighbors 3yr. old on sunday. We had some funky weather pass through over night and we got a skunk on the jig/ laker bite.

Awesome Sean! I have 3 girls myself and can't wait to watch em reel in a nice fish! I have to get them out soon! What reels are you running? I'm surprised they could handle the weight!

BTW...Saw your post introducing the new rig....Sweet ride! I really like the Tackle storage system also! :yes:

Thanks Guys, If you rigg up a rod holder that can hold a rod that your kids can stand or sit at, they can reel just about any thing in. As for reels I was running Okumas but I have a full box of Okuma convectors that are broke and they are all under two years old :( . I have had good luck with okuma catalinas and shimano tekotas. My 3 year old has reeled in 12 color core, cant get her to pick her room up but she will reel all day to see that fish. :lol: