Cayuga Mid-Day 6/14

We hit the water at the crack of 1:00pm today and ran North for a bit. We set up in 100 FOW south of Milliken and within minutes William was hooked up and landed a Laker. For a 6 year old he's getting pretty good at handling a rod! The fish took a DW SS Feelin Irie spoon fished 60' down off our Mag 20. We snapped a quick pic and put the fish back so someone else could enjoy catching it as much as we did.

DSC00426.jpg

We got set back up again and the same spoon fired again within minutes. This time Benjamin was on the rod and he did a great job bringing the big Laker to the net (OK, so Mom helped a lot, but he was stoked!).

DSC00431.jpg

After that fish went back into the lake we turned around and trolled back South for a bit before calling it a day at 2:30pm. We had a few more releases but didn't manage to boat another fish. There were quite a few good marks on the Humminbird 1157C and it looks to me like the lake is setting up nicely. I wish we could have gotten out a lot earlier and stayed out longer, but the kids had a great time regardless, and that's what its all about. After we got back to the marina William & Ben caught about a half dozen huge bluegills and a few nice perch. All in all a fairly successful day of fishing for my boys!

That's a good day for 2 1/2 hours of fishing. It's great to see kids getting out there. I put in a few hours in the morning 6/14, caught one LL and had another release. Both on sliders. Also saw the first water fleas of the season :@ . I cut across from meyers and trolled down to the yacht club and back up to taughannock falls. Was there less debri in the water toward Millikan? Out from meyers was horrible.

tight lines!