Point Breeze 6-12, 13, 14 Orleans Co. Pro Am

Orleans County Pro-Am Tournament

Friday Pre-fish June 12

Headed East to the nose and set up in 80 fow on a northeast troll, marked some fish while setting up but didn’t move a rod. Continued north to 450’ where we had a nice steelhead take one of our board lines. One of my buddies on the boat made the comment that we weren’t learning much in our pre fish and I corrected him, stating that we were learning a whole lot. At 10 am we ran back toward the point and set up just west of Bald Eagle and trolled west and a bit south into 100 foot then zigzag to the west. On one south troll I decided to go into 50’ so I shortened the 375’ copper by about 75’ and moments later a fish hit it and took out the 75’ and 800’ of the backing. We had to turn the boat several times to chase the fish. After nearly 40 minutes we got the bruiser to the boat and hefted the net over the transom. No doubt the biggest fish of the year so far and weighed just over the 26 pound mark on the scale that weighs 2 – 12 pound cannon balls at 24 pounds. That fish hit the Purple Nurple moonshine the #1 in – the - sun king lure for me the past 3 years. My other team member Capt. Dave took his boat and went west to 30 mile then north to the fence and found 2 lakers and 3 under sized rainbows. We made the decision to begin Saturday in the shallows where the 55 degree water should hold browns.

Click here for pic and remainder of our report http://salmocharters.com/index_files/Page779.html

CC

Carl, I agree with Kremer. Thanks for the report. Haven't been up for a couple of weeks. Nice to know what I'm missing out on. Got a report early last week about some inside fishing. You pretty much confirmed what I was told anyways. Hope to get up this weekend, to pull my camper up to the Oak. May get to fish a day if weather allows-Duane