Seneca 07/19 and Cayuga 07/20

We had some great fishing the last two days, Sunday on Seneca we launched at Watkins an ran up to Long Point it was all I could do to keep the wire divers and the deep rigger in the water we put 25 Lakers in the boat and one legal salmon on just three rods. Today we were on Cayuga it was the best day for big Lakers I have had this year. We started at 7am from Ithaca and ran to a spot North I do not recall the spot :lol: . By 10am we had 13 Lakers 8 of them were over 31 inches 3 over 10lbs and one that was 11.8 all of them on divers. All of the big fish but one we let go for the next derby. This would of been the day you could of had over 30lbs with just three Lakers. :o I hope the fishing will stay like this for the summer. Sean

Nice report Sean. Ray how do you keep the spinnies from tangling when running two on a side. I have One rigger straight of the back and one to the side. I tried running them and all I got was tangles :( . What am i doing wrongWhen it is just two of us it isnt bad because we run two dipseys and two riggers but with more people it is frustrating. Any ideas?

Sean,try the spinnies 4 to 6 ft off the ball and see what happens with the lakers..

I am guessing this a good idea! ;)

Not a way to keep lakers from biting, since my spin drs have not fired much this year on Canandaigua Lake. Wires and copper have though.

I was wacking them on Seneca with the Spinnies on the deep rigger but not Cayuga. But I did not have the same fly and Spinnie on the rigger as I had on the wire. I fixed that last night with an order on atom mic.