Daiwa Dipsey Rod Advice Needed

I am going to pick up a couple more 9' 6" Dipsey rods for our spring Olcott trip. I like the Daiwa's i have and decided to stick with that brand. I was looking at the Heartlands, Firewolf and the Wilderness rods. We live in NJ and unfortunitely we only get up once a yr for 4 or 5 days in mid may with the very occasional sept trip out to the eastern basin .

Opinions on these rods would be appreciated

I would usually just go ahead and purchase the heartlands but in this ecomony it's always nice to save a buck or two.

Jam, Thanks for that info ... even with an 'only once a yr visit' i certainly don't want that problem ...

i am also looking for a full core reel, that could work for copper also, for next spring ... maybe the convector 55l if they upgrade the drag a bit ... otherwise it will be the accudepth 57

The heartlands are a graphite/fiberglass composite. The firewold and wilderness rods are all graphite from my understanding. The fiberglass in the Heartland will aid in the forgiveness while using wire line.

Yankee ... thanks for that info ... based upon yours and the other recommendations here i've decided to purchase the Heartlands ... I've fished with the Daiwa Eliminators for many yrs and never had a problem ... makes no sense to try and save a few bucks and have problems ...

know of any sponsors that sell them ??? I'd prefer to give them the business ...

thanks again, Larry