Boys and Girls club of Tioga County Fishing derby

Just got word this weekend that there will be a few more derbies in the finger lakes.

The first one will be like the Red Cross it'll be the weekend after Labor Day (same weekend as the Salvation Army derby was held) Sept. 12th and 13th 2009.

Here's the Link:::::http://tiogabgca.org/pages/fishing-tournament.php

Splitshot115

Scott, where are the weigh in stations for this Tournament? I did not see anything on the website? Really want to avoid running to Seneca Marine if that is the only place?

Thanks Mower

Mower,

I just spoke with a guy at the Boys & Girls Club. He told me he is 90% sure there will be a wieght station on Cayuga they just haven't found a location as of yet. The guy in charge of the tourney is going to call me when they have a spot and I'll post as soon as I hear. Mark

Everything is in place to have a weigh station on Cayuga, waiting for the confirmation from the director. Should have that on Monday.

Thanks to Barney and Lil Jake for stepping up and saving the rest of us a drive to Watkins to weigh fish.

Splitshot115

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:question: Just curious if anyone else was listening to the radio this morning and heard what I heard?

A representative from the Boys and Girls Club was on 870 AM the morning and was promoting the upcoming derby. When asked how the winner's of the tournament would be decided he stated .....by length except for the lunker which would be weight. Is this right??? If so I could catch a long skinny fish and win a division while someone else could catch a short fat fish and win the lunker. Seems very odd, I am interested to hear if anyone else heard this though.

Thanks for any feedback

The Boys and Girls Club is cancelling the tourney this weekend. The women I spoke with said they were hoping for 400 or so people but they had only 50. So it was a numbers thing. I would think this week a lot of guys would be signing up but that's where it's at for now. If I hear anything different I'll post again. :no:

Those of you that were planning on fishing, would you be interested in a $25 a boat derby on Cayuga

on Sat the 12th. Start at daybreak and weigh-in at 5pm at Myers park .

Weigh in one mans limit per boat. We can do winner take all or pay back 2 or 3 places.

I'm sure we can get at least ten boats that I know of.

I'll start a new thread to see if we have any more that want in.

Splitshot115