SANDY CREEK WITH THE L.O.U. BOYS

Ok this story ant gonna be the one I promised ,But some stories of fishing need to be told. After arriving at Running Rebel boat before Capt.Jerry (surprise) I started to remove covers and getting the boat ready for a planned trip with the boys. Well as some unfamilure faces came down the dock and said they were fishing with jerry that day too all seemed well , till Jerry showed up. Well apperantly someone had a make up charter due to weather and other problems from earlier in the year. So Capt Jer started cold sweating over the whole situation and making frantic phone calls to get us out on other boats due to this arrising issue which all worked out well. I asked if i could go to help Jer with the charter and after wiping up pools of sweat off the deck we headed out. It seems the relation with this charter started 20 years before when Jerry "hooked" the father on salmon fishing. I noticed the girl had some silver vials on a key chain and asked if it was medicine ,and she said it was her dads ashes and filled me in on the 20 year relationship with Jerry. It was not a banner day by anymeans ,but everyone (5) had their turn or two on the rods. with a cooler filling ,couple rain showers and the charter nearing the end we aimed it to port for the final attempt for one or more fish. The screen went blank forever it seems then we arked 2 fish,yup we hooked up on both waking up the crew with the bonus last minute excitement.The next in line person (girls husband) sat at the helm as Jerry and I started to pull rods with our back to the crew just out from jerrys house ,1/2 mile east of port. Ihate to pull rods to end any fishing trip but it was time. With Jery getting the riggers i started reeling in the lead core stopping every few feet to sorta jigging the lure a tad and a nice fish grabed the spoon and started to tug the line . He told his wife to take the fish and in a flash she was fighting a 12 lb salmon,no big runs ,but now that i think of it i tightened the drag a tad to retrive the lead. As she is fighting the fish another of the crew said to Jerry i want to tell you something after she gets the fish in. After a long battle she gets the fish close enuf and with a swipe of the net we land our final fish. Well the charter seemed a little more excited over this fish and then the guy told Jerry and i that while our back was turned that the wife had spread the ashes of one of the vials of her dad in front of Capt,Jerry house to remember her dads love for salmon fishing and Capt Jerry for getting him started with his salmon addiction. As she struggled to hold the 12 lb salmon shaking like a leaf and tears streaming down her cheeks they took their photos of the last catch, and many hugs and emotions were shared. This fishing trip for me and the charter folks was one that will be shared many time in the comming years so thats why im writing this post.Maybe there never was a screwup in Gods plans (definatly jerrys) for that day,and the 5 hour round trip for me was nothing compared to the experiance we all sharred aboard the "RUNNING REBEL" that day. Thank you Jerry for letting me be part of that charter and experiancing a different fishing trip with a SUPER ENDING.

Ray K.