Tuning Otter boats for running copper

Anyone running the second keel Big Jon offers for the otters? I'd like to hear opinions on how much stronger they pull?

I have a spare keel and was told the weight on the optional (2nd) keel was about 1/3 the size. So...I can cut that down. Any other suggestions for mounting the second keel? I'm guessing you use the second hole at the aft end and drill a new front hole to match the angle of the original keel?

Any other suggestions to pimp out one's otter boat?

You use the existing rear hole and align the keel to the same angle as the first keel.

Then drill a new hole for the front screw. When my copper rods go you can hear the "twang" as the copper exits the release. (Scotty)

Glen

Rod,

I remember a post for the a smilar question a whileback and I think Yankee Troller did some research on this subject. I know he runs his copper off Otters. He may have some answers for you.

Howie

Thanks Glen and to all. That's the info I was lookin for :yes: I run copper off my otter all the time.....just lookin to make a good thing better. I'll report back after the scotty to give my update.