Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 3.0 GPS

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 65-215

Lure Depth: 60-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished out of Olcott Saturday got on the water shortly after 6am. Set up in the mid 70’s just west of the harbor, it was slow for the first couple hours then hit a nice king off the barn on a wire diver pulling a white crush glow spin doc/atomic/green crinkle on a 2 setting 180 back, that fish went right at 20 pounds (my buddy’s first king ever too!) it was slow for the next few hours trolled out to 215 off the microwave (deepest we went all day) at 12:30 I switched up the wire to some spoons within 1 minute after putting a black/white holo taped NK mag brass back in the water at 190 on a 2 it takes off screaming I was up to bat for this fish I boat a healthy 23 pounder.

We continued to troll back and forth ALL day between 60 and 200 from the microwave to about 1 mile past the red barn for hours, we did take another keeper fish off a rigger that hit 60 down on a Dew B spinny and 42nd Fly and at least 6 shakers we tossed back those all came on spoons I think as well as a brown that came on a slow turn on a green dot spinny on a glow green crinkle fly that got an early release just shy of the net.

Evening came… I complained that the leadcore was a quiet fixture all day so I put on a Moonshine carbon 14 it hadn’t been ran and It’s a favorite of some of my friends off copper and core and I like running glow baits later and early and about 30 minutes later it gets smoked real good, I just put that lead combo 2 trips ago and haven’t boated a screamer on it yet and my backing was screwed up so after the fish ran awhile the backing was wrapped up inside itself and the spool gets caught and it just stopped dead in it’s tracks while the fish is heading towards Canada…damn. We turned the boat toward the fish and the line was slacked and though it was gone, I told my buddy to keep cranking as fast as he could, next thing you know, it’s starts screaming again! Fish on still!, I’m thinking this is nuts, the spool stopped, the fish must have stopped with it and bee lined right for us and we thought it snapped off but didn’t, this battle lasted at least another 10-15 minutes, he played that fish near the boat FOREVER and couldn’t get him close to the net he just kept getting away from us but we finally got him, one of the craziest fights I’ve witnessed, fish went 22 pounds in 78 FOW, off the barn again.

So we all got a mature on Saturday, plus another small keeper, a bunch of shakers, the early release brown, 2 shots on wires that didn’t buckle up, 6 knockoff so it was a pretty decent day IMO for still being pretty new at king fishing.

Sunday we were slow moving to wake up (15 hours we put in on Saturday) and tear down camp in the morning, we ended up fishing 2 hours and just when we where about to call it after seeing lighting we took one nice fish just under 20 on a glow MJ in 76 FOW off the barn again, nice to get 1 final fish in before headin home.

The bad part about the trip was Saturday some lady clipped the crap out of the front end of my truck in the parking lot and darn near tore my bumper completely off my 07 trailblazer SS, that SUCKED seeing that after coming in from a good day of fishing, she reported it though so that was the good part of that ordeal, no broken tackle and no lost fish either!

Here are some of the better pics from the day. Sorry for the long winded report that’s how I roll.

Sorry I wasn’t able to catch up with a Shade or Reelpower.

69433857.th.jpg

82453166.th.jpg

38983366.th.jpg

98793675.th.jpg

67977550.th.jpg

85974752.th.jpg

Dang KGone we were camped right next to you. Noticed the front end damage to your vehicle as we were heading to the dock Sunday morning. Glad the responsible driver stopped and took responsibility.

Sounds like the fishing was about the same for both of us. I wish I could go back in a couple weeks.

Jarrett

Thanks dudes, I'll be back this weekend for saturday and half day sunday fishing just like this trip, different boat and different crew of guys, most likey that's it for this year until next spring. Hope the weather treats us a little better it would have been nice to actually fish 4-5 hours yesterday instead of 2 but at least we got one before headin in.

I hate hittin Erie for walleye after King fishing in August ;(

K,

We will be out Saturday as well. Weshould be there around 530. I will be between Channel 10 and 68 or call me 716-704-9242. Maybe we can share info.

Howie - Boat Bananas.

KGone

I heard you on the radio on Saturday, but I had it on scan and didn't catch what channel you were on or I would have called you. I'm guessing you were on 68?

I'll be out Saturday again as well. I'm usually parked on Channel 10, too much mindless chatter on 68 for my taste.

Tim

Tim wasn't me, my radio wasn't on, it might have been a couple guys I knew trying to call me though, a friend of my from Maryland had a friend of his out there which i didn't know until I past him trolling and he yelled my name I'm thinking who is that?, then my phone rings with an explaination. Weird I'm nowhere near Erie home..everytime I fish Olcott I run into people who know me one way or another.

I'll be on my friends boat his radio works I'll give you guys a yell and see what's going on this weekend.

Nice report!! I was out on saturday as well and only managed 1 coho and a couple of knock offs. When we returned to port a sherriff asked me if your truck was mine. I checked it out, sorry. But you guys had a good day on the lake.

Tony (Slapshot)

By the way, since I'm pretty new and only have a number of limited trips under my belt on lake O. I have pretty much only caught either shakers, teens or matures. We caught this fish and I think it's a king but was unsure due to it's pink back or is this just a 1 year old fish? or another species. Pretty fish though.

Yeah I can fix the truck, good thing it wasn't my boat....that would have really grinded my gears. My boat is my baby and that can't get fixed at the local body shop.

King or no?

89863251.th.jpg