Looking for advice on Seneca Lake

I'm spending the weekend (8/14-8/16) at a friends camp on the east side of the lake (near Lodi) and my 5 year old son and I are going looking for some fishing action. We are both avid fisherman but I have never fished Seneca Lake before. We are fishing in my 14 foot boat with down riggers. Any help that would make this a productive trip for my son would be greatly appreciated (areas to fish and lures to use).

Thanks

Ryan

the cove just north of Lodi is usually good in August for lakers and browns. 60-80 fow from 40ft to the bottom. Have not fished there in about 4 weeks, but is usually productive. Green/white spin doctors, green flies work well, sutton 44's or frog nk 28 also work for us

good luck, Kevin

yup - PM erabbit for particulars, but blue ghost gave you a pretty good program. I don't know if you have a FF & speed, but keep your speed slow and try some S-curves to find out what speed/depth they're looking for (hitting on the inside is slower/deeper, outside turn is higher/faster). Don't hesitate to throw out a shallow running line too. Finally, and most importantly, bring lots of snacks, cause on my boat, when the snack run out, the kids want to head home! :D

Good luck and let us know how you do!

I appreciate everyone's advice....the more the merrier! I always teach my son that fishing is about spending quality time together and catching fish is just a bonus. That being said, we always seem to catch fish so I've got to try to produce for him this time.

Anyone planning on fishing in the St Lawrance in the thousand islnads region, just let me know and I will give you lots of good spots up there for Walleye and Bass.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Thanks again for all the help everyone. We are heading out shortly to see if I can put it all together and find the fish. It looks like it is going to be a nice day out there.

Tight Lines Everyone!

Ryan

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png