Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Man does it feel good to be back in the states........

Got home from China at 3am Friday morning... Fishing partner shows up at 4:45 and we head to the oak...

Of course by now Legacy has this huge fish ( good job by the way), and we convinced ourselves we were going to break thirty lbs this weekend....

Friday am - set up in 90 and went North to 250 and kept working that area all morning, pulling 14 fish, 5 in the 20-24 range...

Everything seemed to work, and then it shut completely off by 10am....

Saturday - Same set-up..... two dipseys with spinny flies and two riggers with spoons.... We hit a 15 lb right away on an old pirate 66 spoon that has been pretty decent for us lately, get him back into the water and I try to reset the rod when the other rigger goes off (55 down, fish hit free slider lazer spook), tell my bro in law he's up, he says go ahead. Well after about 1/2 hr it gets about 50 feet from the boat and another rod takes off, rippin drag, so bro in law grabs that rod, I set my fish in the rod holder and set up the net myself, thinking mines about 20-22 ishlbs..... We get it to the net and its got a lot of girth to it, and wouldnt ya know it ends up at 29 lb 2 oz, good enough for 5th in orleans derby plus the 200 bones for orleans resident fish, kinda cool. I misjudged the fish by about 7-8 pounds when guessing according to it's fight...

Any way, bro in law gets back on his rod and we drop the fish like a minnute later....

Then 190 FOW a spinny fly (mt dew spinny with glow packer atomik) goes straight for Canada...

bro in law gets him slowed down at about 600ft out and then 1/2 hr later, fish is at about 200 out and it just drops off..good pressure on the fish, not too horsey, just the way it goes DANGGGGGG... so I spend the next rest of the day bustin his balls...

Sunday..... fished the same area with extra person and a 5 rod spread...

all was qoiet until about 6:30, then it was literally fish fish fish fish, all small 8 lb steeelies and kings with one 20ish king mixed in, we hit 12 fish in about 1 hr off of 5 rods and then at 7:30 it just dried right up, we only picked a few more small ones and went into port, the sun was pretty brutal this weekend...

Had to cut out of the awards thing early to catch brooks n dunn concert, really wanted to see the big one... congrats by the way, good to see a local guy win the local derby, (no offense non residents, i love you guys too)...

Jim S......

100_4066.jpg