Blow off option

Heading to lake Ontario for Wed.-Sunday. Looks like we may get blown off Fri-Sat. Any suggestions on an alternate lake to fish?

I talked to a guy last week that said Seneca would be a blow off if Ontario is one, so not sure where to head after that.

We are fishing out of a 18' Lund.

Mark

Sorry meant to add we are fishing out of Oswego. Will the other lakes have lakers, bows and LL salmon? I am pretty sure Lake O is the only one with Kings....... Just looking for some action if we can't get out.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

You're correct about the kings. That's a Lake Ontario only fish. You're going to find a nice mixed bag in the Finger Lakes. Along with salmonoids, there are bass, northerns, nice perch, and in some there are walleyes. Trolling programs work, vertical jigging will get you lakers if you don't have a set up for deep water trolling. Conventional presentations will get the rest.

Seneca Lake should be given it's due respect in the wind. That lake can get very big and very mean in a hurry when the winds come up, especially south and north blows. I've had a few moments out there that my dry cleaner had to get me out of! You can call Roy's Marina there and ask them for conditions before you head out.

I Bay, Sodus Bay, and Port Bay may be some other options if it gets a little rough out on the big pond.

Best of Luck,

Grady