Need some guidance

Hey all...pretty new to the trolling game...been to Seneca and Cayuga both a handful of times with limited success. It is usually just me and my 7 year old son so limited to 4 rods. My son has a lot of "challenges" and is only good for 2 to 3 hours of trolling before he's ready to go, but he absolutely loves to fish. I was hoping someone could give a little advice as to what areas on Seneca or Cayuga would be good starting points this time of year. I'd like to be able to boat more than 1 or 2 fish per trip to keep my son interested in fishing on the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

Things will begin to change now as the Landlocks,Lakers and Browns are begining to get ready to spawn. On Cayuga the action will probably be more from AES to down past T-Falls, the deeper water(250+) has held enormous numbers of suspended Lakers on an average day- they will eventually move and show decreasing appetites(don't know exactly when. it's been a strange summer)but they should be acive for a while yet. If you troll mid lake you will not have to deal w/ the bottom contours coming up and messing w/ you while you are trying to land fish or change out(I know what it's like to troll w/ 7 year olds.)If you read back through peoples reports for certain days in the past few weeks you will get a good idea of what will work in terms of a program, check out a bunch of posts and then ask some more specific questions.

I agree with chowder, suspended lakers over deep water is probably the most productive right now, i would start around 70' down over 250-300 and go from there. Green is almost always a hot color on cayuga, glow green in the early morning. 2 weeks ago the laker bite was great. I launched at Meyers and trolled north and had fish all day.