First time/Hard Time/Great Time Cayuga 8/30

Finally rigged and ready for our first fishing trip on Cayuga Sunday. With 3 kids getting launched out of Deans by 10 was an accomplishment. We ran just 2 Dipsey rigs with green/white flies between Sheldrake and the power plant. My wife was primary pilot, with steering help from the kids, so after about an hour she was hitting a fairly consistent 2.3-2.4. Other issues included losing a rig to a weed pod, but when all was said and done, my oldest son kept us skunk-free by pulling in this 22 inch Laker. Nothing special for most, but for our maiden voyage, Priceless!!

As you can tell by the photo, I have the biggest grin. Can't wait to expand on the learning curve and spend more time on the water. Big Thank You's to all who have contributed to my questions along the way, I'm sure to have more. Very special thanks to Chowder and Sponge for going beyond the call of duty with their willingness to help.

Greg

96811681.th.jpg

• 1 year later...

Bringing back memories of our maiden voyage 2 years ago. What stinks is the kids getting a little older now and active in athletics so the taxi drivers Mom & Dad lose out on some of the things we enjoy. I can count my times on the water this year with one hand but no regrets as the tribe is growing up fast.

For the record, I did not know the lingo back then so when I said we lost a rig I misspoke. Just lost a flasher/fly & dipsey. That felt bad enough but seems minimal now after reading how some others here lost rod/reels and even a downrigger?!

Greg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png