Seneca, south end 11/15

Hooked up w/ Mike (Trolling Keuka) for an enjoyable morning on Seneca's south end. We couldn't seem to find very many active fish in the 100-150 range but after moving out to 180-250' we started to really clobber them. The action got frantic enough that we just lost count but we boxed out w/ a pile of real nice fish and tossed back quite a few as well. Hottest setup for the Salmon was 300' copper off the big boards w/ the Crazy Bit** flasher/fly, for a while this would have a Salmon on it as soon as we could get a fish off and the line back out. Best Laker setup was the 400' copper off the boards w/ a 10" NBK Dew/chrome w/ the BW vibrator proctologist fly. Got a few fish on the white&green dot spinny w/ the proctologist on the 90'rigger and few fish on the mag dipsy. We got probably 2 or 3 Salmon for every Laker. Thanks for everything Mike & good luck w/ the rest of Bow season. Rollie, we tried to get you on 68 but no go.

We had something funny happen to us on Sunday that I'll share w/ you guys. Mike goes to net a decent Salmon at the back of the boat, it's in the net and he's lifting it and we both kind of back up and I turn to give him some space to deal with the fish and as I do so I realize 2 things; 1. There's no fish in the net and 2. There's something splashing like crazy right next to the outboard. I look hard and the line is going right thru the net and this is like a 5lb Salmon! Now I'm next to the fish so he hands me the net, I pass off the rod and use the net more like a plate and we get the the fish in the boat. Turns out the bottom of the net had a huge hole in it. Barn cats must have discovered the lingering scent of fish on the net and just chewed on that thing for all they were worth. Oh well, good thing I had another net with me! My wife can't understand why I hate cats.