BARE BONES AND BUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ray koziatek

Well i took another skull to Scott this time my indiana buck.. He is the kinda guy who offers you a beer (or soda) when you enter his shop,listens and shares hunting ,trapping storys and is a Good Down To Earth Guy... after my bear (not bare) experience last year i took the skull to him and He (and his bugs) did a awsome job to preserve my memory of that hunt. For around 100.00,,,, ill try to dig up the photo of the skull he did for me. As those of you that know me if im happy (and im kinda fussy) with a service ill let the board know ,and if someone or thing dont deliver I post that Too!!!!!! Im Getting a little worried i might have to do a little Heads Up BASHING of the place i took my hide to to get a rug made but hopefully that Wont be another post....... so if ya wanne see the bugs in action,get a memory of a lifetime preserved professionaly check out http://www.barebonesandbugs.com The photo gallery he has does no justice to the finished product (sorry scott ya ant no photo expert) they are way cooler in your hands and up close ..

The bugs are really good, especially for delicate things. Part of first year anatomy I took an elective on skeleton preparation. We had a rattlesnake come in that someone found dead. Curled it up in the pose we wanted and let the bugs at it. If you ever get a chance to go to the Veterinary College open house, (it's always in April), look for the rattler prep. It's a beautiful specimen.

For faster results on skulls, I would consider the tried and true pot of boiling water. Definitely an outdoor project, and works well especially if you can get some scalpel blades and remove all the excess debris.

Greg

• 2 years later...

Scott does an outstanding job took my acrhery buck to his shop turned out awsome fast turn around only 2 and a half weeks had a traditional european done on a plaque pics on his website dosent do his work any justice you gotta see one in person keep up the awsome work scott i will be going to him in the future and telling all my buds about him

Not to take anything away from the bugs cuz they do a heck of a job for sure but we've been doing euros for years w/ a turkey cooker outside, works great if you don't mind some funky, dirty work & pretty quick too! My buddy makes some pretty nice wood mounting plaques w/ scroll work ,etc. that are very reasonable if anybody is interested in going the low budget route. -Andy (the thread robber)