Electric Planer Mast

FISHSTALKER

Some time ago I was reading posts about planer masts and trying to figure out what would work for me. I stumbled across a photo someone posted where he had used a modified version of a what I think is Big John. When searching the Big John website I didn't see this set up. Can anyone share some information? Here's the photo I found on these forums.

1M2PyJ.jpg

No, I believe that's the standard arm. I have two big jons I picked up used & they both have them. Some do come with a 2 foot arm though so the 4' may be an option. No problem pulling my homemade planer boards with them.

Ditto ,what Musky said ;) . Only thing I have to add is these "Captains Pak" style downriggers ,are usually mounted on a swivel base , some packages come with them now I'm pretty sure. They are lockable in the up position (for use w/planer

boards) and as well as down (for use w/downrigger weights). Some buy an extra spool and spool it just with planer board

line , swap it out with wire one when its time to go deep. Also "new" these riggers come with sectional booms or arms , at

the moment I own the manual version of this rigger ($) :lol: and it comes in three sections for the arm , I only use two :) .

Hope this helps.