Can Anyone Help Me ?????????????

Ok im going south with the birds soon and wonder if anyone has done any offshore trollin (Fla. Keys) . I would like to show them fish some spin docters and flys just dont wanna bring all 100 spinnies and 300 flys ,, if ya know some general colors to what spicies of fish that could lower my trailer weight bo 60 lbs, Im gonna give em the dypsy treatment,stickbaits and some spoons,might even bring a few worm harnesses tipped with shrimp or other live bait,,,,im bringing the throw net too.

Thanks for any tips ..

Ray K.

No one can help you. It's way to late for that. :lol:

Bring everything with ya including that telephone pole sized rod you had on Carl's boat last year. Should be plenty strong enough for any "whale" you hook up with.

I would say bring it all, for the same reasons you bring them all to the lake, the one you leave behind will be the one that works. If you want to save on weight, there might be some other items you could leave behind that won't have a negative impact your fishing success (I'll leave open for suggestions). I hope you and the misses have a great time down there, stay safe and keep us posted on what's going on in the warm waters. :yes:

Do you have a death wish my friend?

Asking the right way, Honey are those new cloths, NOT, HOW MUCH DO YOU WAY?

I want ya to be fishing from inside your boat Ray not from underneath it. :lol::lol:

Howie

Spin doctors and flies in the Keys Ray? Dipseies? ......WOW man you are really going to draw attention to those lures down there :lol: .....be sure to go to the blue Oyster club and mention those lures :o ..after dark....in buffy mode ;)

Ray,

I don't know about spinnies etc., but I did catch a tarpon and some Cuda on a NK28 trolled from a kayak last spring. Most of the boats down there troll 4-6 mph or faster. Of course that doesn't mean that you have to. If you get tired of trolling or can pinpoint some fish, try casting Gulp baits on jig heads. 3" Shrimp in neutral or orange and 5"-9" minnow baits in white or silver worked well for me. The larger sized plastic shads trolled with weight worked on a charter I was on. Have fun!

Paul

ditto on the white jigs with shrimp - works great.

offshore for the bottom feeders you can't beat live bait but frozen sardines wrapped with a piece of squid works good too. Just stick the head of the frozen bait into the hollow of the squid and lace the two together while you put it on the hook. We did well on snapper and sharks with them.

One guy hooked a HUGE grouper off a spoon and another kid caught a sailfish off a fly so who really knows for sure eh?

Have a GREAT time!