I ran the fake bait while there was a GOOD King bite going on. It only produced one fish for me but it was a biggin :) . All three of the other rods took multiple fish. To be honest, thats the only time I tested it under those conditions and it hasn't seen much time in the water since. I've never run the whole bait but I can attest to cut bait certainly having it's days.

Glen

• 1 month later...

I fish the north shore of L. Ont. out of Wellington. For years, we've used herring strips & anchovies, which was my fav. as you can better tune the bait for you desired speed. With herring strips, tuning is more difficult as the only adjustment is the fin. With anchovies, your roll is controlled by the amount of bend you put on the anchovy, as your hook is inserted just behind the dorsal fin, & the more you pull on your line in front of the teaser head, the more arc you put on the anchovy,the tighter the roll. We use Ryes Davis anchovy heads, which do not have a "fin", allowing you to "tune it" better. As for artificial herring, I've never used baitrix, but the most popular bait used from our home port is the MCRocket, a glow-in-the -dark, 100% tuneable, artificial herring strip. More salmon were caught last year from our home port on MCRockets than all other baits combined. No B.S. They glow for hours & you can "tune" them for what ever speed you choose. The action is unbelieveable!! They're very durable( 20+ salmon on one rocket is common) & no stink, which means less ankle biters. On July 17 last year, we went 18 for 35, all between 20-26 lbs., in 5 1/2 hrs., using only 2 rods as there were only 2 of us on board. We started with 3 rods,but within 5 min. we had a triple. Just like a Chinese fire drill! Boated all three but decided it was too much work & just ran two the rest of the trip. We had 3 doubles & never went more than 10 min. without a fish. Certainly a trip we'll never forget!! Our speed was 1.8-2.2 mph. You can see some underwater video @ mcrocket.com A picture is worth a 1000 words!!

• 3 weeks later...

i have used the rockets for several years now and i also still have quite a bit of the strips in the freezer from 2 seasons ago(i bought a couple of boxes when the vhs became a concern) and to be quite truthful i use the rocket waymore then the real deal...i have fished with meat for many many years and it was hard to be convinced to switch out and i can say it has definately been a pleasant surprise,,,its just one of those baits that works well in all conditions. depths speeds etc..the glows are fantastic and the colour selection is well thought out too...if you can get one tune it to your style of fishing or speed and you will see for yourself how well they do catch kings...i have tried the baitrix( whole herring and anchovie) and with very limited success...it could just be my way of fishing but the rockets definately have put more fish on the line then any other artificial i have tried to this day...hope this helps....