Hello from Michigan

Turfwrench

Name: Bill

Home Port: Various, depends where the fish are biting

Boat Name/Type: 19' Thompson

I fish for: Salmon, Trout, Walleye

==================

Greeting from Michigan! I have been lurking for a little while and figured it is time to register. I was referred to this site by one of the members. Can't remember what his name was. I had a downrigger for sale on Craigslist and he called about it. We chatted for quite a while about fishing - nice guy - and he told me about this site. I check this site out about 2 times a week or so, never know when ya may learn something new or be able to help someone else out.

I have been fishing since I was a child, well over 40 years ago. I have spent many a days upon the waters of Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, and Lake Huron. My experience runs from deep water lakers from Lk. Superior plying waters over 200' down, either trolling or hand lining (which is a blast). Surface trolling scum lines on Lk. Michigan out 20 miles for summer steelies, salmon & trout with the big boards. And now since I live in the lower east side of the state, I have been hitting Lk. Huron trolling for the diminished salmon and hitting up more lakers. I also spend a massive amount of time trolling saginaw bay for the tremendous walleye fishery we have. But of course it is now winter and the fishing passion still survives with ice fishing saginaw river for the eyes.

I used to have a 22' Starcraft Islander but sold it before I moved to Ky, was only there for 3 years and now kick my self in the rear for doing so. But have a 19' Thompson fully rigged with Big Jon downriggers and planer mast with dual boards that I made. Fabricated my own set of rod trees for each side of the boat that hold 5 rods per side, a necessity when fishing saginaw bay for eyes. I call it my personal octopus when I have 14 lines run out of the boat. An awesome sight indeed. But I do try most days to keep the number of lines limited to 10 on most days. We are allowed 3 rods per angler here.

Looking forward to seeing the post and success stories and if anyone is heading this direction for vacation I will be more than willing to provide you with up to date info on fish and conditions.

Tight lines!