Lighting issue?s

chowder

Wondering if there are some economical but solid approaches anybody has taken to get some kind of spotlight & flood light benefits. Looked at what West Marine's got & I can see a lot of options and too much money for most of them. Thinking maybe a hand held spot (battery or 12v plug in?) and maybe an Ag equipment style Halogen for the back deck. Suggestions?

for deck lights i went to wally world, got a toggle switch, roll of wire, and some fog lights for a truck. mounted em on the rocket launcher. i used solder and shrink wrap for the wireing. 2 years of flawless operation

for night time navigation i use a 1 million cp plugin/recharge. see i got a trophy wich dont come equipped with nothin but i make it work on a 10 dollar per hour job with 2 kids...till they start payin me rent in 15 years. then its charter time. that is if the fishery holds out that long.

I put a pair of 55 watt marine halogen flood lights on my tower to light up the deck.They work great and light up the deck like daylight.A plus is that you can get replacement bulbs in the automotive dept. of walmart,or at any auto parts store.They are very reasonably priced,about $30.00 for the pair,with the switch and wiring.

I used a larger gauge wire as I thought the wire supplied was a bit undersized.I used them a lot last season and had no problems.

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 21593.html