Deer cameras back in the woods

RUNNIN REBEL

If you did not see alot of deer this past season or you think the deer herd is down in your area, NOW would be a good time to take wife/kids/girlfriend or a nice walk yourself on your hunting property. With the fresh snow we are getting soon this a great opportunity to see YOUR SPECIFIC deer bedding spots-the major trails they are using and what food if any you have there. Plus check for coyotee and fox tracks to see if they are a problem running deer or in my case found that they are digging up mice everywhere. MARK the major travel trails you find deer are using with colored twist ties on the branches. THEY WILL USE these same trails when there is no snow and you ONLY SEE EMPTY WOODS next hunting season. PLUS added bonus is buck sheds/drops are starting depending on deer size and food source/areas. And if you were to sneek a walk on some adjoining deer property you would not go on in season, the deer trails will give you a clue to exactly were on that property they move to & from. NOW is the best time to find deer camera locations ( I have over 600++ pics-videos last year) because scouting trails/tracks in the snow now showed me were best trails were for the spring/summer. Best of luck and ENJOY the winter. You will have a different view of your own property if you visit it now and then in the snow.

19te9.jpg

3 deer using a great cut threw trail i just found. Will be a bow spot next year for some one.

19KH9.jpg

4 deer on deer run.

This trail is a MAJOR HIGH WAY for deer in and out of one of the orchards. Next years long range muzzel loading portable ground blind goes there.

lAMsJ.jpg

9 deer digging up food

These deer went in and out on same trail no matter were in orchard they wandered to. 11 deer total on video.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

P.S. Notice time stamps on bottom 2 orchard pics 1 week apart. DEER ARE CREATURES OF HABIT AND SURVIVAL!!!

Jay C looking forward to your deer pics. I love to see others deer pics diff. angles/set ups.

I planted this food plot last year and deer have not touched it at all. So this spring I will till it up and re-plant something else.

n3W_r.jpg

Salmonite I have never found any buck sheds in the orchards. They are usually on trails near bedding or trails to orchard.

Thanks diversion I really try to get alot of good deer pics, spend alot of time doing it.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

PS going back this weekend to check cameras

Jay C

Let me know your favorite brand of clover you have planted. Especially IF YOUR CLOVER PLOT is still getting dug up still this weekend. My plot is antler king trophy mix(clover mix with chicory) Tried some imperial white tail clover on the edges also. How big and how many plots you have?

THANKS

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

we own 25 acres in a 300 acre wood lot and have 2 plots with imperial clover , secret spot ,no plow, chic magnet, doublecroos in them , and to be honest the plot that has been hit the most in the fall and now in the winter has been the secret spot , and no plow . the clover has been hit in the winter but not as much as the others . clover is very good for the warmer months and really brings them in ... we have noticed that our herd is alot healthier and the racks really took off ... with the plots only being 2 years old it really made a difference in many ways . we let the deer tell us what they liked and the clover is the way to go ... on the site for imperial you can get there test packs ,with 5 pound bags of 3006 minerial lick and the herd hit that to .. studies show that in 300 acres you should have 1 minerial lick , we have 2 ...

durin bow i saw 10 different bucks , not all shooters but the mas they had was good ,and the 2 i srewed up on were very heavy and it really makes me mad at myself for not keepin a level head durin the shot , no excuses it is all my fault.....

we also have apples on our land ,and i trim them and fertilize them every year . it is easy ...

but yes clover for a year round food in my eyes is one food to give them for sure .

we own 25 acres in a 300 acre wood lot and have 2 plots with imperial clover , secret spot ,no plow, chic magnet, doublecroos in them , and to be honest the plot that has been hit the most in the fall and now in the winter has been the secret spot , and no plow . the clover has been hit in the winter but not as much as the others . clover is very good for the warmer months and really brings them in ... we have noticed that our herd is alot healthier and the racks really took off ... with the plots only being 2 years old it really made a difference in many ways . we let the deer tell us what they liked and the clover is the way to go ... on the site for imperial you can get there test packs ,with 5 pound bags of 3006 minerial lick and the herd hit that to .. studies show that in 300 acres you should have 1 minerial lick , we have 2 ...

durin bow i saw 10 different bucks , not all shooters but the mas they had was good ,and the 2 i srewed up on were very heavy and it really makes me mad at myself for not keepin a level head durin the shot , no excuses it is all my fault.....

we also have apples on our land ,and i trim them and fertilize them every year . it is easy ...

but yes clover for a year round food in my eyes is one food to give them for sure .

it just seems that imperial seeds grow better and we tried tecomate, biologic, antler king to name a few...

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry,

Love the pics of the deer, I never get tired of seeing them either on

film or live. I kept 7 of my cameras out all season and now have one

set up in my back yard. We set it up last Saturday evening and

already have close to 500 pictures on it, I am sure some are of

squirrels and crows but I know there are a ton of deer on there as

well.

22 at one time is our best so far, generally its 6-14 at a time coming

in to eat. I just looked out and gertrude is checking to see if the

coast is clear, her 2 boys are with her every day still, she is not hard

to miss as she is really showing signs of being pregnant!

I looked out at 1:30 this morning and there were 18 deer in the yard

and half of them were bedded down. Even though we hunt its still

nice to see them and study their mannerisms and how they

interact with the other deer.