GOOD 4 COLOR LEAD CORE REEL

You can get 4 colors on a Daiwa 27LC w/ backing& 100'FC leader. I've got one w/ 5 colors on it but that's pushing it. The 27LCs were on sale @ http://www.glensoutdoors.com/ProductDet ... de=ADPx7LC + another couple bucks off if you use "The Find " coupon #. These are great reels for short cores and flat lines!

Shake n Bake,

I have seven lead core reels - 5 are Okuma Convectors (four 30D's and one new 45D and the other two are Accudepth 47LC's). I use 27# core, not 18#, so I'm not sure of the line diameter difference. However, I have a two and three color on the 47 LC's and with 50# PP backing and 20# fluoro leader it fits fine.

I would push for a Convector 30D or the Accudepth 47LC, that way you can really fill it up good with backing (at least 200-250 yds.) and your 4 color core and 50-100' of 20# leader without any problem at all.

Good luck,

- Chris

Chowder,

Thanks for the advice - I heard the same thing but I wanted my reels to "match" so I bought a 45D a few weeks ago. Previously I had my 10 color core packed on a 30D, but I didn't have enough backing. My earlier convectors seemed to be much better made, but on the new reels the star drags seem to be a little sloppy.........

Only time will tell.....

- Chris