Yamaha oil

I read an article a few years ago on four stroke oil. Yamalube was one of the worst. I have been running Mobil1 in my 4stroker since

94. Check with you dealer on any warranty issues. I run synthetic in the boat, atv and lawn tractor. Better protection, less breakdown. Amsoil is another good option, but Mobil1 is available anywhere. And it only holds one quart.

I think the new rating for four stroke outboards is the FC-W which replaces all the other SAE grades. I would run any brand that had the FC-W rating . Not sure auto oil has all the additives the FC-W has. Just another $.02

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/cms/

Below is from Yamaha:

Yamalube® 4-M FC-W® (SAE 10W-30)

4-Stroke Engine Oil For Outboard Motors:

Re-formulated to provide outstanding protection for all four-stroke outboards.

World Leading Lubrication:

This improved formula is designed to provide extra protection during the critical cold-start period, as well as during the extended operation under heavy load that four-stroke outboards so often face.

Rust, Corrosion, and Deposit Protection:

The additive package is formulated to fight corrosion, varnish, and wear for longer engine life.

Boat owners wanting the best protection for their four-stroke outboard should look for the NMMA FC-W® rating. With FC-W®, the protection gains are:

Far superior rust and corrosion protection, thanks to additives not available in today's passenger car oils.

High levels of bearing protection, far more than in passenger car oils.

High resistance to foaming under high engine speeds, foaming that can break down the oil's ability to provide lubricity.

Superior lubrication even when fuel dilution potential is present. This is particularly important when boating in cold water under low-speed trolling conditions.

Designed and tested by the marine industry for the marine industry.

YAMAHA WILL VOID YOUR WARANTY IF YOU USE ANY OTHER BRAND BUT THERES IN YOUR ENGINE.....THERE ARE A FEW PLACES AROUND THAT SELL IT FOR COMPARABLE PRICES....OIL AND FILTER MUST BE THERE BRAND....CALL THE FACTORY TECH TOLD ME.. TO ALSO USE LESS OIL THEN WHAT WAS CALLED FOR..I HAVE A F115TRX AND I RUN 1/2 QUART LOW.