6 Inch Trolling Flies?

I made a couple 5 to 6 inch flies last year and found that you don't get as many hits. The baitfish tend to be smaller so you are trying to immitate their size. As with bigger baits, you do get bigger fish. It is a give and take proposition here. More hits or bigger fish. I settled with 4 to 5 inch flies with silicone legs added and only one glow rubber bead added between the two hooks. Since you are making your own flies, you should also make your own glow twinkies for your meat rigs. This works great.

Good Luck, Rob!

I've done something like that before. I've made up what I called a "magnum" fly by sliding a white glow A-Tom-Mik fly over a green crinkle howie fly (smaller profile fly) and ran that behind a 10" Spin Doctor on a 36" leader and done well with it. It works when the fish seem to be really agressive.

Tim

We ran what we call the Big Rig, it is two A-TOM-MIK's one in between the hooks and one in the normal place above the hooks and rattle. Like others said, it was hot and cold. Was hoping we were on to something great but, it just was another so-so idea.

Andy shhhhhhhhh

Casey will be upset, he'll wanna run em on every rod !! Whether they're catch'n or not !!

Tim... Cmon dude.. Howie and A-TOM-MIK at the same time? Tim D's skin will shrivel if he hears that !!!

(:

Tom

:$

little fish dont usually chase big lures and big fish will chase small lures so the smaller profile is ussually better in my opinion. i started using my hand tied single hook peanut flies and they work great on staged kings behind r&r 8 inch assasins and baby spin doctors. it was a pretty consistant producer last year.