I just got 2 of my baitcasters back from a local reel repair and one of them is making noises (Shimano Curado). Like one of the gears is not seated properly. :devil: Just wondering who other people are using for general maitenence of their reels. Obviously I am not happy with the nameless repair shop I used.

I had a diawa baitcasterthat was 3 years out of waranty.( broke with little use). Sent it bavk to the main company in Calif. They fixed it & sent it back NC! Send it back to their main company instead of an authorized dealer unless you KNOW their reputation. Corp head has their reputation to think about, dealer has money on their mind IMO. Great job Diawa!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tuna's Reel Troubles (in Michigan) did a fantastic job fixing my calcuttas. I had two, and i beat the snot out of em salmon fishing for about 4 years. Turn around was a little slow, but only because I messed up the pay-pal payment. Got em back in FINE working order. If you want, drop me a PM and I'll send ya their number. i also have a buddy here in Rochester that does some repairs. he's a good fisherman, and a great guy, but I have never had him work on my gear, so i can't personally vouch for his skills....