Just purchased a new det of Cabelas Oustider planer baords by Wille. They seem to run decent but are the collapsable version instead of the wooden standard ones I had previous. My old boards got stolen from the storage unit where I had my boat. These new boards have the inside board closest to the boat out forward from the outer board. This does'nt seem right the inside board is supposed to be set back correct? There isnt any room for adjustment as they only have one place to bolt them through at the top and they sit into a track. They just dont run like my old boards they seem to run alot fuurther back to the rear of the boat. Any suggestions?

Negative. There is only one way to put them together. The top of each baord has one bolt it goes into a hole in the 1 piece bracket. There are channels in which the planer boards set into,. The top bracket is the only thing that holds the boards together. You cant reverse them the beveled side would be the wrong way and the brackets are labeled left and right. If I can get a pic of them and post it today I will.

you could try to drill a couple holes a tad back further, kinda like changing the bridal string on a kite location just tie a loop of string in each hole so you can test on the water,also the homemade ones i made i took th the river and finetuned location with small threaded eye till i found the hot spot then i drilled and put in a eyebolt with nut if you have a creek or river nearby to tesr,, hight is important too, (mast) 6 to7 ft off the water should be good enuf....I have some cannon collaspables and they track good enuf to pull 4 lines (lures or stix) with keel weights 1 to 2 1/4 oz...they ant no good for 600 ft copper tho..past 25 ft out ...Ps . the further out the more drag back i think cause the mast to board angle helps with the tracking ..75 ft out is really all you need gives you a 150 + boat width spread.

Thanks will give it a try. Thought about just drillin and running some all thread through the boards and setting an eye bolt in to pull. i think the boards are hollow though. I will do some more checking. They don't track bad, just not great. My mast is roughly 6' off the deck so that should put me pretty good there. Always trying to get the most out of what I have. If it can be fined tuned with a little advice I'm more than willin to give it a shot. i'm just arookie at this type of fishing and everyone has been really helpful I'm glad i found this site. it has helped me tremendously. My goal is to do more of this style of fishing than the bass tourneys and such. Thank You to all! 2 Weekends til I come up for a visit. not that I am Counting.