Total Boated:4

Species Breakdown:Browns , Lakers

Hot Lure: Chrome and Pearl white Pro troll and Atomic Hammer Fly

Trolling Speed:1.9 up to 2.3

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 8 ft to 90ft

Lure Depth: 7 ft to 50ft

====================

Started out solo at the break wall and made a couple rounds in front of port. Didn't do anything there and Buckaroo was working the area also so I left the skinny water up to them and their paying customers. Went west to Johnsons and set up a SS NBK on the down rigger at 7 ft and ran a stick off the outrigger on the other side. Picked a nice brown on the NBK and lost one on the same lure. Made a few passes in front of there and moved out to deeper water.

Came into 60 feet of water and the screen lit up. The NBK was the first to get smacked and I mean SMACKED. Something very large and fast took it from 48 feet down over 60 feet. The rod went straight down to the water and as I grabbed it and just started to thumb back the drag, the line went slack. Brought back a bent swivel and no lure ;( . Well I had the drag set right but what ever had that thing was really going west as I was going east. The Hammer fly was real hot with the pro troll flasher on a dipsey with ring set on 2 out 150 on braid. Made a few loops around the 70 to 90 FOW area just out from the pump house and down to Lakeside Park. Managed three more lakers 9-12 lbs to the boat and released.

Mark

====================

hTbDr.jpg

hTe7A.jpg

hTgCJ.jpg

hTj6S.jpg

hTlC0.jpg

Skip a little guy holds the fish behind him so he looks bigger a real fisherman holds the fish out at arms length towards the camera so the fish looks bigger......as for the one that "got away" try closing the little hook thingy on the swivel...Hope this HELPS !! Maybe you should find a lot lizzard that can take a pic for ya , or did ya have one of those drivers that works for that special truck line.......you know!!!

Thanks Ray, Your advice is priceless. I wish I knew more about snap swivels, but I just started using them instead of clevis pins. Lyntucky has lots of farm equipment around for pullin stuff like big fish and those clevis pins never let me down.

Ahhh windburn, I was sure that you were an LOU fan after talking with you there at the park. Thanks for the chat! Was good meeting you. Hope to see you there in the boat next time, take care.

Mark